I think that this has everything to do with the Encrypted Control Communications (ECC) being enabled. It is not mentioned in this Forum article what command that you issued that produced this error. I suggest that you disable ECC temporarily, see if the error "Connection to CRS failed" goes away
To remove ECC:
Step 1. On the Cell Manager:
. Remove/Rename the "config" file from the <DP_CONFIG>/clients . Remove/Rename the "config" file from the <DP_CONFIG>/server . Remove "-encryption 1" from <DP_CONFIG>/server /cell/cell_info file
Step 2. On ALL DP clients:
. Remove/Rename the "config" file from the <DP_CONFIG>/clients
Program Files -> Omniback -> Config Windows 2003
ProgramData -> Omniback -> Config Windows 2008
If the error goes away, then the fix was not carried forward from DP 7.01, and you will need to open a case to have this analyzed, and to get a test module generated to fix this, or not use ECC
Oh, sorry. Error occures, when I'm installing DA on client and it tries to connect to DP.
Also, I did all that you've said, and now can successfully connect from Windows, but can't say the same about Linux host, it still reports "Connection to CRS failed". I tried to reinstall DA and core on it, didn't help.