cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tsjRISSEExternalStore.dll failed to register.

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Chum
Collector

tsjRISSEExternalStore.dll failed to register.

I am trying to deploy Trim 6R2 SP4 1240 silently after creating a network install and I get the following error.  This occurs only when deploying through Microsoft SCCM. However if running the install on the PC that it is to be installed on, no problems.

Error 1904. Module C:\Program Files\TRIM Context\tsjRISSEExternalStore.dll failed to register. HRESULT-2147010895. Contact your support personnel.

Can anyone help with this?  I have searched the old forum and can't seem to find any reference to that dll.

8 REPLIES
Richard Kelly_7
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: tsjRISSEExternalStore.dll failed to register.

Unless you are deploying to a workgroup server that is explicitly using an IAP (RISS) for a document store, I would think it more than likely simply ignoring this error is the easiest way to go. Otherwise one guess would be to install the VC++ 2005 SP1 redistributables first.

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Grundy
Honored Contributor

Since 6.2.2 the tsjRISS dll is only installed when you install the Workgroup Server.

I suspect you have created a deployment package that is trying to install the Workgroup components on the Client machines too?

When deploying, make sure that if you created a custom MSI by running "MSIEXEC /a TRIMContext.msi", that you install it with a silent flag, e.g. "MSIEXEC /i TRIMContext.msi /qn".

If you dont install silently, the MSI can still try to install the Workgroup components.

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
Chum
Collector

I am using the /quiet switch, which i believe is the same as /qn.  Is this correct?

Grundy
Honored Contributor

Yep, should be the same behaviour, but I havn't tried it myself.

Are you able to try manually running your MSI package on a client machine and manually running MSIEXEC /i PACKAGE /qn from a CMD prompt?

If it still tries to install the RISS dll, you might want to try re-creating the MSI package.

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
Chum
Collector

I tried it first with /quiet on a test machine and it worked fine.  It's only when I try deploying to a PC remotely via Microsoft SCCM that it fails with the above error.

Grundy
Honored Contributor

It sounds at though SCCM isn't applying the flag correctly.

If you ignore the error, are the TRIM Workgroup components installed after it finishes running?

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
Chum
Collector

Indeed, VC++ 2005 SP1 redistributables needed to be installed first.  Tested and all OK.

ArchNO
Acclaimed Contributor

We had a similar trouble registering tsjdmscom.dll (this was just the first, If cancelled others would pop up also) in Windows 7 with HP TRIM 6.2.5. The fix for us was the MS vc++ 2008 SP1 REdistribute (x86). HTH

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=a5c84275-3b97-4ab7-a40d-3802b2af5fc2&displayLang=en

Robert Cochran

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event