cancel

related records - seeing all relationships

Highlighted
Mel Marlow
Super Contributor.

related records - seeing all relationships

OK I might be going around the twist.....but I thought that the view pane field of Related Records used to also show any records that have the relationship of Alternatively Within (as it is a relationship).  But alas in 6.2.5 #1322 it doesnt.  

Does anyone know 1.  if  i am going around the twist or 2.  why the functionality no longer exists.

Cheers

Mel

13 REPLIES
Tones
Super Contributor.

Re: related records - seeing all relationships

You can customise the View Pane to add Alternative Container to view that type of relationships

Mel Marlow
Super Contributor.

Thanks Tones.  I was hoping to avoid adding another field down there.  Plus, it is a relationship, you do it in the same place that you do all the other types of relationships......so why I cant I have it under Related Records :smileysad: 

Rant over now

Tones
Super Contributor.

Melly, I feel your pain but I assume it is to allow users to see Containers and Alternative Containers in a single place.

Neil Summers
Acclaimed Contributor.

Melly wrote:

OK I might be going around the twist.....but I thought that the view pane field of Related Records used to also show any records that have the relationship of Alternatively Within (as it is a relationship).  But alas in 6.2.5 #1322 it doesnt.  

Does anyone know 1.  if  i am going around the twist or 2.  why the functionality no longer exists.

Cheers

Mel

Don't think it did show in the related records field previously. Certainly didn't in earlier 6.2 versions.

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of CM you're using in all posts.

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/
Mel Marlow
Super Contributor.

Neil, I'm talking about waaaaay back further than 6.2.  Perhaps v6

Neil Summers
Acclaimed Contributor.

Just tested in 6.1.3 and 5.2.5. Related records field in the view pane didn't include "Alternatively Within" relationships. Shall I try Captura, or are you convinced now?

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

TRIMGuru
Acclaimed Contributor.

Neil, I think it was in the very first version of TRIM, can ya test that one?  :smileyvery-happy:

Grundy
Acclaimed Contributor.

I think Neil should also setup and test TRIM Classic or TRIM for windows...

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
Mel Marlow
Super Contributor.

Thanks for the insult guys.  I'll refrain from posting here again. 

PS - Actually it was 5.2.1. 

Grundy
Acclaimed Contributor.

Yep, 5.2.1 is going back a very long way.

While TRIM was still under TOWER, the oldest supported version was 5.2.2.

I think you'll benefit greatly by upgrading to a newer version.

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
Mel Marlow
Super Contributor.

Yep, remember there are a lot of us that have been implementing TRIM for a long time.

Don't worry, my client is not on 5.2.1.

Neil Summers
Acclaimed Contributor.

Melly wrote:

Thanks for the insult guys.  I'll refrain from posting here again. 

PS - Actually it was 5.2.1. 

No insult intended Melly I'm sure. If it'll help put your mind at ease that you're not "going around the twist" I'll happily test it on 5.2.1 for you.

Neil

Neil Summers
Acclaimed Contributor.

What the heck...

I didn't have a copy of 5.2.1 handy, so I checked in 5.2.0. No luck. No alternative containers in the related records field. It must have only been in 5.2.1 that it behaved as you remember it! :smileywink:

(P.S. For those who can't remember how ugly 5.2 was, I've attached a screen shot).

Neil