Client Support
cancel

<(RM) Support tip> HPRM Client becoming unresponsive "freezing"

Highlighted
Greg Fraser_1
Micro Focus Expert

<(RM) Support tip> HPRM Client becoming unresponsive "freezing"

An issue have been identified with HPRM 8.2 Patch 1 Build 7591 which results in the HPRM Client becoming unresponsive.

The symptoms are described in Change Request QCCR2D57163 which can be viewed via the HPE Software Support https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/LID/QCCR2D57163?lang=en&cc=us&hpappid=202392_OSP_PRO_HPE

A hotfix has been generated to rectify this issue and can be obtained by logging a support case with the HPE Software Support team. 

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus**
9 REPLIES
Steve Macukat
Honored Contributor.

Re: <(RM) Support tip> HPRM Client becoming unresponsive "freezing"

Is there a way to replicate the problem to see if my site is effected. The linked page doesn't provide much detail.
Greg Fraser_1
Micro Focus Expert

The freezing happens at the time of check in, usually multiple documents.

The method we used to replicate was leaving the checkin open for an extended period. This causes the trimwatcher to hang.

If you don't have users reporting the issue I wouldn't worry about applying the hotfix

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus**
Steve Macukat
Honored Contributor.

Thanks Greg. Is the hotfix a dll we can roll-out to impacted users, or does it require an install / reinstall?   Or some other method?

We're planning to roll out 8.20 #7591 at the end of the month.  If its the latter we may need to create another deployment package.

Greg Fraser_1
Micro Focus Expert

No it's a file replacement, some dll and binaries.

Andrew_V
Respected Contributor.

Has this issue been fixed in 8.3.9000 ?

We are currently on 8.2.7533 and are also experiencing the HPRM Client becoming unresponsive as well as other issues around actions and reporting .

The options given to us by HP and our vendors is to update to 8.2.7591 and apply the hotfix or go to 8.3.9000 .

If we have to redeploy the client I would rather go to 8.3.9000 as the fixes in this build solves a lot of our problems

Grundy
Acclaimed Contributor.

Where we've tested the hotfix, we still get crashing/freezing issues with HPRM.

Has anyone followed this up with you guys Greg?

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE
::::::::::::::::::::::

INFORMOTION.com.au
Greg Fraser_1
Micro Focus Expert

I haven't heard anything, email te details (case # etc) and I can chase it up for you

Steve Macukat
Honored Contributor.

We're currently testing the Hotfix but have encountered a new problem.  Each time TRIM starts the user receives a security warning message - "Open File - Security Warning / Do you want to run this file?".

Hotfix Security Warning.jpg

After you click "Run" TRIM behaves as expected.

The message appears each time you run TRIM whether run from a shortcut or double-click trim.exe.

If you uncheck "Always ask before opening this file?" you will be prompted for administrator credentials.

The windows security settings on the shortcut & the trim executable are the same as for users that don't have the error.

I've reported it to HP support.

raynebc
Outstanding Contributor.

That is normal Windows behavior for when you download an executable file from the internet.  If you right click on it, select properties, click Unblock and then click OK, Windows will stop treating the file as having come from an untrusted location.