finalised & checked out doc problem

Highlighted
AMS_1
Occasional Contributor

finalised & checked out doc problem

Hi there,

This is my first post to this community so please play nicely :smileytongue:

Here's my problem...

It appears one of our users has checked out a document but also managed to make it final. They are therefore now not able to check it back in. See the Audit Events below:

4/05/2010 at 4:14 PM    Title Changed    Title Changed - From: **** on 4/05/2010 at 4:14 PM
4/05/2010 at 4:00 PM    Finalised    Finalised  - done by '**** on 4/05/2010 at 4:00 PM
4/05/2010 at 4:00 PM    Title Changed    Title Changed - From: **** on 4/05/2010 at 4:00 PM
4/05/2010 at 4:00 PM    Document Checked Out    Document Checked Out - Offline Records on **** on 4/05/2010 at 4:00 PM

When trying to check the document in I receive the error - "This document is now 'final' and cannot be returned."

When trying to change status of document to Draft/Working Document I receive the error - "This Record is currently checked out to ****."

I have tried checking the document back in selecting "Discard Any Modifications Made" but am still receiving the same message.

Any ideas, out there?

Thanks in advance :smileyhappy:

4 REPLIES
_KC_
Regular Collector

Re: finalised & checked out doc problem

If there is no backend way to fix it, you might have to add 'Date declared as final' to your record type profile form, and then delete the date that way, then remove the field from your profile form. The document will then be made unfinal and the user can then check it back in. You might want to do this on the sly after hours when noone is using the profile form - and test out how it reacts first in your test environment. We have the field permanently on one of our forms, and only administrators are able to remove the date.

Hope that helps if noone else comes up with a simplier option.

AMS_1
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the advice TRIMette,

I ended up going into the properties of the document and the Date Declared As Final field was already present under the Dates tab.  After removing this date I was then able to Check the document back in successfully.

Thanks again :smileyhappy:

Icehouse

Hi AMS, I came across this same issue this morning and resolved it by changing the date finalised via SDK. What version of TRIM are you running? and are you running any other apps that integrate with TRIM and could've possibly caused this? I'm running 6.2.3 1147 Cheers Isaac
AMS_1
Occasional Contributor

Hi Isaac,

We are running TRIM version 6.2.3 1147.

Other than the usual apps (Word, Excel & Outlook), we do have a custom database which intergrates with TRIM.

The custom application is a Powerbuilder (version 10) front end application supported by an Oracle 10G backend database.  An event that occurs in VENUS will trigger the generation of an xml output .  The required .NET DLL will receive the output generated by VENUS and use it to invoke appropriate TRIM Context APIs to achieve a desired result in either the TRIM database or in the TRIM application.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event