cancel

barcode scanning software

Highlighted
Patrick Crowley
Super Contributor.

barcode scanning software

Has anyone worked with metrologic barcode scanner?  I need to program the scanner for TRIM and I only have the denso code.  If I could open my old denso pd3 file, I might be able to figure out the program.  However I did not write that code and I don't steal info so any help would be appreciated.

8 REPLIES
Neil Summers
HPE Expert

Re: barcode scanning software

Have you looked at the relevant section of the TRIM online help that explains the format of data required?

In 6.2 it was under:

HP TRIM Software Help > Chapter 25 - Barcode Scanners > Barcode Scanners Administration > Programming your Barcode Scanner > Portable Scanners

Neil

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of CM you're using in all posts.

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/
Patrick Crowley
Super Contributor.

Thanks for your response.  Yes, I've been down that road.  I'm having trouble getting the unit to transmit to Defined barcode scanner setup in trim.  The unit is reading the codes and I can display them on the unit itself, just no xmit.

Strider_1
Honored Contributor.

I've had trouble in the past with 6.2 and Xp and ended up having to edit the registry keys to make sure the right TRIM options were being used (ie they were set in TRIM but not making it into the registry).

Not sure what version you are using but it could be similar.

Cheers

Patrick Crowley
Super Contributor.

On a related topic.

Anyone know how to attach a barcode to the classifications?  Is this possible?  Where does it exist.  I don't see any reference to a barcode in the fileplan table.

Neil Summers
HPE Expert

Barcodes for control objects such as locations aren't "attached" to a classification; rather they're automatically generated for you when you print them. Try setting up a report layout for classifications that includes things like classification term name, number and barcode.

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of CM you're using in all posts.

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/
KT58
Contributor.

We have programmed a DENSO BHT914B scanner for this exact purpose. The DENOS BHT914B Scanner Program is designed to scan and store HP TRIM barcodes using the barcode scanner and download those barcodes into HP TRIM. The barcode scanner loaded with the HP TRIM Barcode Scanner Program is connected to a USB port on your computer.   Automatic ID Systems (585)582-1973

youimage
New Member.

i was working on a barcode scanning app, so i may have some codes which i would like to share with you. as long as you change the value, you can scan any barcode you want to.

drimage
New Member.

youimage wrote:

i was working on a barcode scanning app, so i may have some codes which i would like to share with you. as long as you change the value, you can scan any barcode you want to.

seriously, is it that simple, i want to have a test. do you have any trial version for me. i use the app for inventory. thank you