cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow Templates in RM8.1 - Examples, anyone?

Highlighted
PerthRM8

Workflow Templates in RM8.1 - Examples, anyone?

Hi,

RM8.1 testing environment...

Workflow templates and Activities... in RM8.1 ..They not existed in HP TRIM before or?

I am looking at the Help file, trying to understand the Workflow Templates there;

Can anyone in plain English please explain this by using some business process example how these could be used and controlled/modified etc ....

What are the advantages over normal Actions in TRIM?

Also, Activities ?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES
EWillsey
Honored Contributor

Re: Workflow Templates in RM8.1 - Examples, anyone?

Greg Fraser_1
HPE Expert

Actions and Workflows can essentially do the same thing.

Workflows can be made far more complicated and allow multiple paths and to go backwards in the process when required.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise**
Neil Summers
HPE Expert

For what it's worth, I've exported a couple of sample templates from the HPRM demo database. Try opening a blank workflow template and selecting File - Import. With any luck (fingers crossed) these will import without errors, and you'll at least get some idea of what they look like. Can be tricky exporting from one database and importing into another becuase things like locations/reference documents don't match up...

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of CM you're using in all posts. At any given time, HPE are supporting approx. 30+ released versions)

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/
PerthRM8

Thanks everyone, especially Neil :-)

I had a bit of trouble to understand what did you mean by "Try opening a blank workflow template and selecting File - Import." but later I figured it out that I need to click OK on the blank template, which will open "preview mode" where I can do File-Import.....

Anyway, I "succesffuly imported" your template (thanks for that) and this is what I've got ...

Double click on "not assigned" will bring the Location browsing window so I choosed some random people in our testing environment ( No Mail exchange working from there) and I am assuming that once I added this workflow template to a certain record, it will actually send some sort of E-Mail notification ..or something like that, to the people in the workflow circle...or I am mistaken  ?

Thanks.

Neil Summers
HPE Expert

Yes that's right. As each activity in the workflow becomes active, e-mail notifications will be sent according to your configuration choices on the activity itself.

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of CM you're using in all posts. At any given time, HPE are supporting approx. 30+ released versions)

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event