Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 7 With 6.2.5

Highlighted
andyroo54
Acclaimed Contributor

Windows 7 With 6.2.5

Hi there, 

So were just testing win7 with TRIM, we are using a 6.2.5 version. This installer we use works fine on XP sp3, but with install on 7 we get the error message:

Error 1904: Module C:\Prog files\TRIMcontext\tsjdmscom.dll failed to register. HRResult-2147010895

I'm guessing we need a new installed for win7?

6 REPLIES
andyroo54
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Windows 7 With 6.2.5

Never mind we just had to run the runtime files and it worked A-OK thanks.

WLI
Acclaimed Contributor

hi, andyroo

can you please detail how you meant to "run the run-time file"? I got the same error when I tried to install TRIM 6.2.5 on windows (x64).

Thanks in advance

Grundy
Honored Contributor

There is a WindowsRuntimes.msi included on the 6.2.X CD/ISO that you need to install first on Vista/Win7/2008.

Run this first and then run the TRIM.msi.

Also run all the installs as Administrator to avoid any issues and disable UAC if still having problems.

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
WLI
Acclaimed Contributor

actually I used a MSI file which we used on XP, and works well on XP to install 6.2.5. But when I deployed that to Win7 x64, it always failed and said "tsjdmscom.dll registering failed". I've tried to reinstall .NET and TRIM. No good.

Grundy, would you be able to help me out for this?

Grundy
Honored Contributor

Yep, you need to install the WindowsRuntimes.msi.

If you built a custom TRIM package that works on Win XP, it wont work with Win 7 unless you run the WindowsRuntimes first.

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
Stephanie Hogan
Occasional Advisor

If you plan to install 6.2.5 client using a custom msi through Group Policy on a machine basis after you run the WIndows Runtimes should you create the msi using TRIMContext.msi or TRIMCOntextNoRuntimes.msi? And what is the difference between both installers?

Thanks!

Stephanie

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event