cancel

Will TRIM 7.1 client work under Citrix?

Highlighted
Alpine_2
Trusted Contributor.

Will TRIM 7.1 client work under Citrix?

We are installing Published Desktop on W2008 R2 and Virtual Desktop on Win7 as part of a new SOE in our organisation.  

Could anyone confirm if the TRIM 7.1 client is able to be installed on W2008 R2 and presented as a Published Desktop via Citrix?   

I would expect the client itself should work okay under Citrix however I am wondering about how it will interact with our login script which sets TRIM's datapaths to a network location (NAS storage). 

Appreciate any advice.

3 REPLIES
Grundy
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Will TRIM 7.1 client work under Citrix?

Yep, we have many customers running Citrix to present TRIM to the users.

I'm not sure about your script though, one of the main issues people run into when using Citrix is with the TRIM registry keys.

A lot of Citrix setups don't store user specific reg keys and instead deploy a centralised generic registry hive to users.

Something you watch out for in your environment in case you get any issues with that script.

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
Matthew D Wilso
Honored Contributor.

Hi All,

It's early days for us - we're just beginning to test the TRIM 7.1 client on a Citrix XenApp 6.5 server farm. 

Has anyone found that it's necessary to do anything "special" to get it to work?  We get "uknown error" when the client attempts to connect to its workgroup server.  The TCP connection is created, then an error occurs. 

Grundy
Acclaimed Contributor.

Matthew D Wilson wrote:

Hi All,

It's early days for us - we're just beginning to test the TRIM 7.1 client on a Citrix XenApp 6.5 server farm. 

o_O  You guys are going to be using Citrix now?!

I'm just going to hide now...

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au