Client Support
cancel

What's the role of Outlook Folders in Document Queue Table?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Joshua Hutley
Outstanding Contributor.

What's the role of Outlook Folders in Document Queue Table?

Hi

A question that I have pondered for some time now, is what is the role of the outlook folders that display in the document queue list?  As an administrator I can see all the outlook folders that have ever been created. It has now grown to a sizable list.

Since it appears I can delete the queue with no effect on the users manage folder in Outlook, (that info is stored in users registry) I am really not sure what the point is. Especially since the information attached to each entry is lacking. Creator for example?

So my question to others is what do Administrators do with the data created by managed folders in the document queue table? 

Josh

3 REPLIES
Neil Summers
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: What's the role of Outlook Folders in Document Queue Table?

Good question. Similar questions have been asked before, and there is an internal CR 33958 for enhancement requests along these lines e.g. adding creator field. I don't think it's got a high priority though. I've added your comments to the supporting information on that CR.

I don't really know why all those Outlook queues need to be in your face when you look at the document queues list, or why they really need to be stored in the table. At the very least it'd be nice to be able to set a filter to hide them!

Neil

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of CM you're using in all posts.

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/
Joshua Hutley
Outstanding Contributor.

Thanks Neil for the extra info.

Can you confirm what I already believe, that removing the outlook folders from the document queue has no effect on each users linked folders in Outlook?

I figure since this is the case I might has well just delete them!

Grundy
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Yep, it has no effect.

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE
::::::::::::::::::::::

INFORMOTION.com.au