Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View Document Access Controls prevent creation of new parts - TRIM 6R2, 7782

Highlighted
BARRINGTON GREE
Collector

View Document Access Controls prevent creation of new parts - TRIM 6R2, 7782

we've recently made a change to an Access Control setting on a group of Container records to prevent viewing of stored electronic documents by staff outside a specific organisation,  and have now found that our Information Managers (in our Records section) users cannot create new parts – but still can create new files from the record type. Since making the change these Information Managers aren’t getting 'New Part' available on their menu (see attached image).

* The new part option is activated on the menu of the record type.
* Our access settings for all new records created from the record type are:

VIEW DOCUMENT: <specified organisation>

VIEW METADATA: Records +

UPDATE DOCUMENT:

UPDATE RECORD METADATA: Records +

MODIFY RECORD ACCESS: Records

DESTROY RECORD: Records

CONTRIBUTE CONTENTS: Records + 

* Access Control Settings on the Record Type itself has the Information Managers (who are attempting to create the new part ) organisation as ‘Can Use’.

* When viewing the ‘View rights’ on the record, the Information Managers get the comment:

Access denied – you do not have the access control ‘View Document’ on this record

Can anyone advise  – how does ‘View document’ relate to the creation of a new part? Was this a known bug in 6R2?

3 REPLIES
MWilson88
Super Collector

Re: View Document Access Controls prevent creation of new parts - TRIM 6R2, 7782

Just a thought - try changing Destroy Record to Everyone.

Cheers

Matt

Neil Summers
HPE Expert

Re: View Document Access Controls prevent creation of new parts - TRIM 6R2, 7782

Yeah I tend to agree. Struggling to think of a good reason why new parts would be prevented based on View Document controls. Support are raising an internal ticket with the development team to ask about it. It still seems to be that way in 7.1/7.2.

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of CM you're using in all posts. At any given time, HPE are supporting approx. 30+ released versions)

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/
Neil Summers
HPE Expert

A change request has been raised to investigate this - QCCR2D43788

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of CM you're using in all posts. At any given time, HPE are supporting approx. 30+ released versions)

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event