Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPN and Trim

Highlighted
Damian Knight
Regular Collector

VPN and Trim

Hi

Can anyone point me in the direction of documentation or advise on using TRIM via a VPN connection?

Cheers in advance

Damian

4 REPLIES
Neil Summers
HPE Expert

Re: VPN and Trim

Hi Damian,

There's no documentation specific to what you're asking. If you're connected to your corporate network across a VPN it's effectively like being plugged in via a cable in the office. E.g. if you take your networked laptop home and connect to the office via a VPN, then you can run TRIM as if you were on the LAN. Depending on the VPN speed/bandwidth, the performance might be a bit slow, otherwise it should just work.

Neil

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of CM you're using in all posts.

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/
Damian Knight
Regular Collector

Hi Neil

Thanks for the reply.  What you described is the way I assumed it worked; but I've had a few customers complain about TRIM not working for them over VPN.  I wanted to rule out any application limitations before I start investigating further.

Cheers

Damian

TRIMGuru
Honored Contributor

Hi Damian

Is it possible your users connection via the VPN is suspect ?  (e.g. not a solid broadband connection).

Damian Knight
Regular Collector

Yeah, quite possible Guru.  

They're connecting from home & therefore I've got no idea what sort of setup they're working on.  I VPN'd in from a laptop using a nextG modem & TRIM worked perfectly.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event