Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User not able to delete

Highlighted
TO123
Super Collector

User not able to delete

Hi there,

All of  our users who have the user type 'Information Worker' have the permission to delete records, all except one user who was recently added. Her permissions are fine, the access controls on the record, folder, classification, etc. all allow her to delete but the option is greyed out for her. All other info workers can delete with no problem.

Any possible reason for this?

Thanks,

6 REPLIES
EWillsey
Honored Contributor

Re: User not able to delete

Right-click->details->view rights, expand tasks for this record and see what is the reason given for denial?
TO123
Super Collector

The permission to delete is checked with checkmark so there is no denial listed.

Thanks

EWillsey
Honored Contributor

Usually the menu item is not grayed out from the right-click menu, it just won't appear. Are you refering to maybe a custom toolbar? Can they check if the "Administrative Tools->Delete" menu appears when right-clicking on the record?
TO123
Super Collector

you're right, the option to delete won't appear on their right-click menu and they don't have the 'administrative tools option' only file - delete on the Standard toolbar. I checked with another Info worker and they have the 'delete' option. weird!
EWillsey
Honored Contributor

I bet the user's profile for some reason isn't at information worker. Typically information worker doesn't have that right, but sounds like you've handled that. Have you triple checked that the user is not "using profile of" a location with a different category?
TO123
Super Collector

Yes, I just checked.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event