Urgent - HP TRIM 7.3.4 and MS Outlook Add-Ins - slow "Sent Items mail loading"

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
PerthRM8
New Member.

Urgent - HP TRIM 7.3.4 and MS Outlook Add-Ins - slow "Sent Items mail loading"

Win 7, HP TRIM 7.3.4 recently installed , MS Office 2010

in HP TRIM 7.3.4. if MS Outlook Add-Ins is enabled, clicking on "Sent Items" mail folder makes loading of email there forever, meaning 2 minutes or so, even on a small ampount of emails.

Once the MS Outlook Add-Ins is disabled , clicking on "Sent Items" or any other folder makes emails loading almost instant ....

Anyone has this issue , is it fixable?

Thanks

47 REPLIES
Damitha
Regular Collector

Re: Urgent - HP TRIM 7.3.4 and MS Outlook Add-Ins - slow "Sent Items mail loading"

Try enabling outlook cache mode.

Regards,

Damitha Bogahawatta
Principal Consultant
Talent Consulting Services
PerthRM8
New Member.

Re: Urgent - HP TRIM 7.3.4 and MS Outlook Add-Ins - slow "Sent Items mail loading"

Thanks, it is enabled, but no change. (It was enabled and still is)

All mail folders are now slow, even the ones with only 1 e-mail inside ..... It say "loading" ...then we wait 45 seconds or minute

Anyone?

Regards

PerthRM8
New Member.

Also, the issue seem to be only with Client 7.3.4 , not with a server 7.3.4.

Basically, users with "old" trim 7.3.3 pointing to new TRIM Server 7.3.4. do not have these problems...

Sio, it is the client.

regards

Greg Fraser_1
HPE Expert

Just tested here and was unable to get the issue you have reported. With the integration on, sent items opened without any issues.

You mentioned in a previous post that you upgraded from 7.33 and ran a repair on your 7.34 to get the integration working. Have you considered a complete uninstall and reinstall?

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise**
Greg Fraser_1
HPE Expert

So 7.3.4 client pointing to a 7.34 backend works?

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise**
PerthRM8
New Member.

No,

Client 7.3.3. works fine with Server 7.3.4.

Regards

PerthRM8
New Member.

And all other new testers/users have their TRIM 7.3.4 installed by deployment that included the TRIM Repair as one of the final steps. Issueis existing with them too.

NeilMacKinnon
New Member.

Hi,

Not sure if its the same issue, but it sounds similar to an issue we've had (and are still having).

We experience slow loading times with Outlook in general.  It seems to pause on loading the TRIM Addin whilst showing the Outlook splash screen.

We logged this with our vendor support people (FYB), and they came back to us with the following fix, which I can confirm works.

The reason I said we're still having the issue is because our Systems people tells me that doing the fix can cause possible security issues.

---

There is an Internet Explorer setting that we have found in the past that can have negative impacts on the TRIM Outlook Integration Add-in including the loading time.

-          Open Internet Explorer

-          Tools -> Internet Options

-          Select the advanced tab

-          untick 'Check for publishers certificate revocation'

---

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Environment:
Windows 10 64-bit desktops
Windows Server 2012 R2 64-bit App, Idol & Event servers
SQL Server 2012/2016
HPe CM 9.1.914
PerthRM8
New Member.

Thanks all,

the latest discovery here is that "TRIM Repair" function done manualy (Admin rights), fixed the issue (temporarily). Apparently, the TRIM Repair cleans the windows registry key in question .

After the reboot or after while, when the Windows group policy run the circle, the windows registry key is re-populated  and then the issue appears again, slow Sent Items mailbox loading.

Not sure why this issue does not exist in 7.3.3. and do exist in 7.3.4.

Apparently, HP TRIM 7.3.4. started threating the Sent Items as a linked folder

Anyone disocvered the same issue or applied any solution / workaround ?

Thanks

PerthRM8
New Member.

Also, the question, if the certain windows registry keys could be locked to resist the circling Windows group policy. (To avoid repopulation of the key that causes the Sent Items mailbox slownes in loading emails when switching from inbox to sent items)

Regards

Greg Fraser_1
HPE Expert

I'm intrigued, which key is being over written by group policy?

I have no doubt that the below is possible just uncertain about how you would go about it. Do you have access to Network admin that could make some suggestions.

PerthRM8 wrote:

if the certain windows registry keys could be locked to resist the circling Windows group policy. 

PerthRM8
New Member.

I believe this one:

User-based registry key called “TRIMAppData”

When the value is deleted for the key all was OK with Outlook and browsing to Sent Items.

This Group Policy value was introduced when we migrated to Windows 7 and it is still in the “Contexthkcu.reg” file provided for the 7.3.4 build of TRIM.

regards

Greg Fraser_1
HPE Expert

So what exactly is the group policy changing? Do you have any info about the keys being applied?

PerthRM8
New Member.

No additional info from anyone on this.... that I am aware of (related to this issue and windows registry.... It's all about paths location i believe ..

Will wait till Tuesday, (Monday is Public Holiday here)

Regards

dean john
Occasional Contributor

Hi all

Just to confirm . We have experienced exactly the same problem that has been described here. Problem occurs with trim client 7.3.4 build 5739. Didnt have issue with 7.3.3 client.

Only affects the sent folder in Outlook (2010). Bit of a show stopper as its so slow to be not useable.

Have logged support call with HP

Continues the sorry saga of poor performance for last few releases of Trim Outlook Addin.

PerthRM8
New Member.

Correct.

HP Engineers / developers are working on the case we submitted, no news yet.

We postponned our 7.3.4. deployment for 3 weeks because of this and other issues (solved in the meantime). So, only show stopage issue is this one.

Will wait.

Regards

raynebc
Contributor.

We upgraded to Trim 7.3.4.5739 this weekend and one of our users just reported this problem.  After seeing mention of the TrimAppData key value here, I looked and his user hive was missing this entire key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Hewlett-Packard\HP TRIM\DataPaths

I did a repair installation of Trim and it build that key, and the sent items folder can now be displayed when Trim's Outlook integration is enabled.  I don't know if that key is the only issue corrected by the repair install.  My renaming that key and then trying to reproduce the problem on my own computer (which wasn't affected by the problem) didn't cause the problem to occur, and that key doesn't even exist in an XP virtual machine I tested with.

Steeva
Acclaimed Contributor

raynebc
Contributor.

The wording of that notice indicates they only resolved the issue for when TRIMAppData is on a network drive.  I can confirm this problem happens when that isn't the case.  When we install Trim, we don't specify a custom path for that so it takes whatever Trim uses as a default, and the registry shows the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Hewlett-Packard\HP TRIM\DataPaths\TRIMAppData data value to be empty.

Greg Fraser_1
HPE Expert

That's odd, we were not able to replicate when the TRIMappdata was stored locally on the C drive.

Can you double check the physical location of the TRIMappdata, rather than looking in the registry?

raynebc
Contributor.

I can't find a folder titled "TRIMappdata" anywhere on my hard drive.  Does any Trim logging show where it tries to access this?

Steeva
Acclaimed Contributor

You can find it by opening TRIM > Help > Setup Information..., and expanding the Working Folders icon.

raynebc
Contributor.

Out of the three of our affected users I know of:

1.  He indicated the problem was resolved after we repair installed Trim.

2.  He had disabled Trim's Outlook integration, so I asked if he could re-enable it to see if the problem continues.

3.  I couldn't reach this user by phone, so I left him an email.

I'm posting  a screen capture showing what I see on my computer.  I assume the appdata folder you're interested in is the "Application data root folder".

raynebc
Contributor.

I got in touch with the third user, who indicates the problem still affects him even after the repair installation.  He is using cached exchange mode like most of our staff, and indicates that when the problem occurs, he usually relaunches Outlook to make it go away so he can see the contents of the sent items folder.  I've attached a screen capture of his Trim setup info dialog, which indicates all paths are local and not networked.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event