Upgrade Trim Captura to the latest version of Trim Context

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Jack24
Super Contributor.

Upgrade Trim Captura to the latest version of Trim Context

Hi,

Does anyone know if it's possible to directly upgrade from Captura 4.3 to the latest release of Trim Context?

Thanks

Jack

4 REPLIES
TRIMGuru
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Re: Upgrade Trim Captura to the latest version of Trim Context

It would have to be a upgrade step process - first upgrade to 6.2.5, then upgrade to 7.   I'm attaching the TRIM Cap to Con document for you which describes what you have to do, to upgrade to 6.2.5.

Jack24
Super Contributor.

Thanks TRIMGuru!

Much appreciated :smileyhappy:

Neil Summers
Acclaimed Contributor.

(A message for anyone still on TRIM Captura)

Upgrading from Captura to Context isn't a trivial process and can sometimes throw curve balls at you. Don't just assume it's as simple as pressing an "upgrade database" button in TRIM Enterprise Studio and all's hunky dory. Don't overlook the need for user training and in particular training for the TRIM Administrator and any technical people managing the TRIM clients, servers and database.

I highly recommend contracting an experienced TRIM implementer to assist with any Captura-Context upgrade. Speak with your HP TRIM Account Manager if you'd like to be put in touch with the appropriate people.

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of CM you're using in all posts.

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/
TRIMGuru
Acclaimed Contributor.

Very true and well said Neil.