Acclaimed Contributor

Unable to Import Locations

I'm trying to update existing locations in our  test environment for HP RM8.1

I can export ok, but on on import I get the following message:

"Initializing process: Import Locations
Establishing a connection to HP Records Manager database with ID:  xyx
Connection to database established. [xyz]
Checking user permissions
Initializing process for converting into HP Records Manager data from the selected format: Tab Delimited
Attempting to retrieve Origin
This Record Type is not currently active."

& then have this message in the log files

15/07/2015 5:07:36 PM 4 Error TrimException: Exception Source: HP.HPTRIM.SDK, - Exception Message: This Record Type is not currently active.

4 REPLIES
Greg Fraser_1
HPE Expert

Re: Unable to Import Locations

How are choosing the import the locations, are they set to update on duplicate?

can you attach a screenshot of the import window with the settings you are using?

It sounds like it might be trying to update a location that is the responsible location on a record type that is no longer in use.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise**
Sharon1
Acclaimed Contributor

My first attempt was "update on duplicate" when this didn't work I switched that to "no" to check it hadn't failed just because I'd weridly mapped something wrong.

The same file works when updating our Devopment Environment, which is effectively a clone of this one (where the same record types are active/inactive.)

Greg Fraser_1
HPE Expert

So it works in testing but not in your production dataset?

It must have something to do with the "This Record Type is not currently active." message.

Are you trying to update a responsible location on a record type that is disabled.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise**
Neil Summers
HPE Expert

If you import locations using DataPort in 8.1 I think it will automatically use the Bulk Loader function, which will create a record type called something like 'DataPort Default'. I'd start by checking if this record type is active and perhaps also check the user running DataPort has permission to create records of that type (even though importing locations won't create records!). If not, activate it and try again.

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of CM you're using in all posts. At any given time, HPE are supporting approx. 30+ released versions)

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event