Client Support
cancel

Trim popup - record being created has a lower security profile than the selected container

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Marc218
Respected Contributor.

Trim popup - record being created has a lower security profile than the selected container

Hi,

One my users went to use the new record type I have setup to regsiter an email from outlook and had this message pop up  "record being created has a lower security profile than the selected container".

I then configured the "behaviour for Handling more secure documents"  under Record type  properties under the General Tab to the the following 2 options as I want no message to appear for users using this record type ::

1) Ignore -- the user won't be told anything and the security of each will be left alone  ;

2) Update -- just update the security and don't tell the user.

But after many tests using both these option they still get the 

"record being created has a lower security profile than the selected container".

Is there another setting I need to configure ??

6 REPLIES
Strider_1
Honored Contributor.

Re: Trim popup - record being created has a lower security profile than the selected container

Are you amending the settings for the document record type or the container record type?

Marc218
Respected Contributor.

Re: Trim popup - record being created has a lower security profile than the selected container

I ammended document record type...I think  ..( I selected Tools - Record Type - Scrolled down to the offending record type and went in and ammended the properties ....

Strider_1
Honored Contributor.

i suspect that is your problem - need to amend the containers info.

Cheers

Marc218
Respected Contributor.

where do you amend the properties for the container record type ??

( p.s. I did not even know there was such a thing as a container record type  )

Strider_1
Honored Contributor.
Solution

By 'container' I mean the file/folder record type that you are trying to put the document into.

If you were trying to put a file into a box then the box record type would be the container.

Cheers

Marc218
Respected Contributor.

Container setting are configured ok .. I have other record types that are configured exactly the same  as the new record types I created and users never get the security error ( and they  are definately configured the same ) ..

Basically any exisitng record types display no warnings regradless what setting you choose under "behaviour of more secure documents" types behave the the same way .

And any new records types I have created display the warning for users  regradless what setting you choose under "behaviour of more secure documents" types behave the the same way..

:smileysad: