The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Client Support
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trim Stores - 7.3.3.5645 - Usage - Trim Client Changes

Highlighted
RodgerDodger
Frequent Visitor

Trim Stores - 7.3.3.5645 - Usage - Trim Client Changes

We are now testing 7.3.3.5645 in development.

Testing the 7.3.3.5645 client, I see that under "document store" in System Administration that besides "General", there is a "Usage" tab.

Report Layouts, Report Graphics, Meetings, Agendas, ... now need a default store.  Also once this is set, you have to set a capacity store size limit. 

Report Layouts in 7.1 and earlier did not need a default store.   Obviously, this is something new.  Also previously, a store size limit was not mandatory.

Can anyone explain this new configuration?   Are reports now stored differently than in 7.1?

On the same vain,   does a document exist that explains all differences in the client application for 7.3.3.5645 from   7.1.0.1157 or previous client versions?

Also what are the effects of these 7.3.3.5645 changes  to the server-side and to SQL?

Thanks.

RD

6 REPLIES
EWillsey
Honored Contributor

Re: Trim Stores - 7.3.3.5645 - Usage - Trim Client Changes

1. The usage tab is what used to be on the right-click. It's the same functionality. Nothing new there.

2. The default store used to be the main store.

3. Nothing has changed... the interface just looks different. Every object has always needed a default store. There is a checkbox on the right-click usage feature in 7.1 for "set as the global default store".

4. Documentation -- I believe some partners give a list of all of the differences between 7.1->7.3 (I know I do), but that's generally not freely given away.

There are not a heap of changes 7.1->7.3... mostly just a few relocation of items, database changes, IDOL, and security requirements.

Test your configuration related to moving containers. That's the biggest thing I've seen. I've written scripts to correct 7.1 configurations so it works fine in 7.3.
RodgerDodger
Frequent Visitor

So are you saying in Trim 7.1.0.1157, that the report layouts would automatically go to the main or defined default store.

And now you have to set it specifically under the "usage" tab in Trim 7.3.3.5645.

RD

EWillsey
Honored Contributor

I'm saying nothing has changed.  You only set the usage tab if you are changing the default store for those object types.  Otherwise the default store is the main store.

RodgerDodger
Frequent Visitor

In the Trim 7.3.3.5645 client, I have to specifically set the default store for reports and report graphics before I can copy a report layout.  Otherwise,  I get an error.  I must go into admin, stores, usage click on the items, set the capacity limit, else it does not work.   I have to do this even though a default store is designated.

Also, can anyone explain what a document store pool is?   This is new!!!  And I do believe it is significant and it does affect this issue.

RD

EWillsey
Honored Contributor

Document store pools are just sets of stores and allow for load balancing between stores. Not real reason the change it from the default.
EWillsey
Honored Contributor

It was pretty standard in 7.1 and all other versions, after an upgrade, to go reset the stores. I just did an upgrade to 7.33 and updated the default stores but did not set a capacity and it's worked fine.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event