The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trim PDF Viewer in 6.2.5

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Marc218
Regular Collector

Trim PDF Viewer in 6.2.5

We recently upgraded the Trim Client from 6.2.2 to 6.2.5 . Since the upgrade the picture qulaity of the  pdf's is very poor not clear ( unreadable ) and need to be enlarged before you can read the text ... I have configured the client to use the PDF viewer and the pdf's look clear .

We prefer to use the Trim viewer which has the Pin to Trim function  ( great for users who are registering docs all day ) but the picture quality of the pdf when minimised is poor and you cannot read the document ..

Picture quality via the Trim viewer was never an issue beofre the upgrade .

thanks

Marc

7 REPLIES
Grundy
Honored Contributor

Re: Trim PDF Viewer in 6.2.5

Check to see if the 'draft' or other viewing options are selected in the TRIM Viewer. (A set of buttons at the top of the viewer)

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
Marc218
Regular Collector

I tested the Draft - Preview - Normal Buttons and it made no difference they are  actually  greyed out . I do get a message at the bottom of the viewer as to what each of the buttons do but you cannot actually select them .. The Full Size - Fit to window- Fit height - Fit to page  buttons are active but all other button on this toolbar are greyed out...

thanks for the speedy reply

Marc

Grundy
Honored Contributor

I tested back in 6.1.7,  6.2.0 and 6.2.5 and each rendered the PDF in a low quality mode.

I could not find a version where the quality was the same as using the full Adobe PDF viewer.

Do you have screenshots showing the difference in quality that you can attach here?

Is it the same PDF file you are testing in both versions of TRIM?

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
Marc218
Regular Collector

I havd tried running the 6.2.2 client but Trim database was upgraed as well and will not allow the 6.2.2 client to connect  therefore cannot check to see the quality of pdf's with 6.2.2 viewer..

Is there a way to get the 6.2.2 client to work ?

Grundy
Honored Contributor
Solution

No, 6.2.2 wont work on a newer dataset/server.

Is it possible that you were actually opening the PDFs using the Adobe Reader or IE Pluggin in 6.2.2 instead of the TRIM Viewer?

That would explain the quality difference at least.

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
Marc218
Regular Collector

The issue only surfaced when users reported the Pin to trim option missing which led IT down the path of configuring the Trim viewer for people ...The quality has definately degradated since the upgrade .. When a user pins a document to Trim on a 19" display the A4 document in the Trim viewer is unreadable unless you zoom the document .. User definately did not have to do that prior to the upgrade ...

Grundy
Honored Contributor

Great, thanks for the clarification. :smileyhappy:

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event