cancel

Trim 7.10 Mail Notification "Blocked by Error"

Highlighted
wmhowell
Regular Contributor.

Trim 7.10 Mail Notification "Blocked by Error"

We are having a problem with Mail Notification in Trim Enterprise Studio.

After starting the Workgroup Service it will run for 10 to 15 minutes and then get a status of "Blocked by Error" (see attachment).

The event error is:

Error processing event on database 'P1' for processor 'Mail Notification', event details: 1436508, eventtype =33, bobtype=6, boburi=22556, error details: Your E-mail system reported an error. Overlapped I/O operation is in progress. (0x000003e5)..  %2%. This error message will not be displayed again today.

We have tested this in several virtual images and on a production network with the same results. The only common factor is TRIM 7.10.

Has anyone seen this behavior?

11 REPLIES
TRIMGuru
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Trim 7.10 Mail Notification "Blocked by Error"

I recently had the "Blocked by Error" message on the Document Content Index.  After submitting a support request asking specifically what that error msg referred too, BESIDES a corrupt index (which I knew it was), I was just told to recreate the index and that the "Blocked by Error" could mean many things - but they couldn't tell me what else it means.

So, while I can't really help you out specifically, I WOULD look in the TSEVENTS table for the URI of "1436508" and possibly delete that one record from the table.

Understand now that I'm "guessing" here as there's no documentation or word from HP as to what that error msg means AND based on your info above, I'm guessing that the URI is "1436508".

Just so you know...

Richard Kelly_7
Outstanding Contributor.

Interesting, I have seen exactly the same error with Email.  I must admit I had assumed it was the email server I am using (ArgoSoft free version) and never pursued it further.

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Grundy
Acclaimed Contributor.

I had already replicated this error in my test lab here and reported it to R&D a couple of months ago.

The error only ever appeared when using TRIM 7.X on Server 2008 R2.

If I setup 7.1 on 2003 Server, it worked.

If I setup 6.2.5 on 2008 R2 it worked.

It was a specific combination of 7.1 on 2008 R2 that caused this. (NOTE: We are using Exchange 2010)

Right now it's still an incident with R&D.  QCIM2D40850

It will have a different Defect/CR number soon tha I can provide for you to track.

A few ideas for potential workarounds.

It might be something to do with the way IPv6 is used.

R&D were going to try disabling IPv6 on the Exchange Server to see if they get a different result.

You could also build a WG server on a Server 2003 machine and set it up to process the mail notifications.

This should work.

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
alexw_1
Super Contributor.

Has anyone had success with this workaround? (2003 wg server processing mail notifications) We are using this now at one site, and the errors are the same.

I've got HP support onto this, but just wondering what experiences people are having out there on the 7.1 x64 frontier :)
steve wittwer
Contributor.

I am experiencing the same problem now that I have upgraded to TRIM v7.1. I was referred to QCCR2D41378 for a fix.

I completed the fix on the workgroup server but the problem persisted. Now I am being advised to do the same on the Win Exchange Server. It is Win Server 2003 with Exch 2003.

This is all strange as the fix is to disable a IP6to4 adapter even though we are not running IP6.

Did you get any updates to your problem?

sw

Grundy
Acclaimed Contributor.

The disabling of the 6to4 adapter was the solution we had from R&D when we reported this issue. (Which did solve the problem in one of the environments that we replicated in).

However we don't have the ability in support to confirm that this is the solution in all scenarios, and from what you're reporting, it's still an issue.

I'll raise this again with R&D and see what else can be done.

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
steve wittwer
Contributor.

We finally tracked down our problem to a TRIM location e-mail address that was pointing outside of our domain. This location was getting TRIM mail notifications from Workflow and Alerts. Our Exchange server is not setup to relay to this hosted address and a "relay" error occurred on the Exchange server. It appears the error details reported by TRIM are a bit of a red herring in our case.

For more info on the Exchange error see http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp.

JasonIMEX
Outstanding Contributor.

Any extra word on this one?

JasonIMEX
Outstanding Contributor.

I am finding this very frustrating.. After a large upgrade getting this error and the only respose is to upgrade again??

I am getting disillusioned with the QA Processes between builds if something like this slips through.

Grundy
Acclaimed Contributor.

The initial problems that caused this error in 7.0.2 and 7.1.0 are all solved in 7.1.1 and up.

If you see this error in the new versions, it is caused by a bad email address or bad location.

You need to check the BOBURI value in TSRECORD and find any email/location attached that a notification would be sent to and figure out what's wrong with it.

e.g. Assignee has an old email address that is invalid.

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
JasonIMEX
Outstanding Contributor.

Not Totally convinced this one has been rectified..

TRIM 7.1.1 #1821

Windows Server 2008 R2

Exchange 2010

Even from the TES I test the email config and get this error.. Previously was using an exchange server but were recieving WAY to many duplicate email notification.

We decided to put an SMTP service on the same server as the mail events are running. But now recieving this error. The settings for email address etc are the same the only thing that has changed is the server address.

Oh and PS: I have checked there is no 6to4 adapter present either