To hide locations from groups/categories of users

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
PanteraLEN
Contributor.

To hide locations from groups/categories of users

Hi all,

Is there any way to hide some locations from certain groups/categories of users ?

For examples, I have some location in development team, and I don't want any users to see their (dev. team) details,

how can I have it in 8.3 ?

Thanks in advance

7 REPLIES
Steve Macukat
Honored Contributor.

Re: To hide locations from groups/categories of users

Hi PanteraLEN.  Every location has an Access Controls tab that controls who can see, modify or delete it.  

cvance
Valued Contributor.

I notice in "group" or any locations in 8.2 there is a use, update, modify access, delete.  is there a view access somewhere? 

Greg Fraser_1
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

You would need to be able to restrict the 'view' access control which does not exist for locations. You can restrict users from being able to use those locations.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus**
PanteraLEN
Contributor.

Thanks Greg,

But as the View access control is not available for locations, so is there any way to restrict other locations from viewing ?

Can you help to instruct ?

Thanks in advance./.

Greg Fraser_1
Acclaimed Contributor.

Sorry if I wasn't clear earlier, it is not possible to restrict viewing locations. 

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus**
PanteraLEN
Contributor.

Thanks Greg for your confirmation :)

Greg Fraser_1
Acclaimed Contributor.

No problem, you can also log an enhancement request if you feel that there is a valid business reason for your suggestion and it will be considered as an addition to the product.