Client Support
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testing HP RM8.2.0.7533 - Issues and good news - User's profile now with a picture

Highlighted
PerthRM8

Testing HP RM8.2.0.7533 - Issues and good news - User's profile now with a picture

Hi, HP RM8.2.0.7533 , SQL 2012, MS Office 2010, Win 7, ShareP 2013

Hi, I am startig a testing of a new HP RM8.2 and I am nicely surprised by the fact that now we can actually store the picture of the HP RM user in their profile.

Off course, we would be using user's MS Outlook / MS Lync network picture

Have a look at the attachment

Also a Ribon menu looks OK too.

I will possible post the issues I am experiencing here. :-)

For Start, a DATAPORT issue from 8.0 re-appeared again....

The question regarding customised ribbons, very important: Once the customised ribon is made as for example one below with 3 sections, would that one exist in the nest HP RM upgrades? 

We do not want to tell users that it will be available iif that is not the case 

Must know this. 

Thanks

Regards

40 REPLIES
Greg Fraser_1
HPE Expert

Re: Testing HP RM8.2.0.7533 - Issues and good news - User's profile now with a picture

For Start, a DATAPORT issue from 8.0 re-appeared again....

- Which issue is that?

The question regarding customised ribbons, very important: Once the customised ribon is made as for example one below with 3 sections, would that one exist in the nest HP RM upgrades? 

We do not want to tell users that it will be available iif that is not the case 

I am not following what you are after here, are you asking if the ribbon will be around in future upgrades?

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise**
PerthRM8

Re: Testing HP RM8.2.0.7533 - Issues and good news - User's profile now with a picture

Hi, 

this issue : 

Also, the ribon question: 

If we tell users, beside Global Settings that they can modify their ribbon as they want, put the icons they want , that those modified ribon menus by their choices will stay there when we go for example for the next upgrade to HP RM 8.3 in the future? 

Can this be tested..? Is there any newer version from HP RM8.2.0.7533 available at this moment to test this?

regards

PerthRM8

Also, the issue of HP RM8.2 and barcode scanners DENSO GTU 10 B .. 

There is no option for "donload barcodes" ... 

Not sure how to perform the download/upload ? 

Anyone? 

Greg Fraser_1
HPE Expert

The dataport issue was already discussed under:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Client-Support/RM8-0-0-6376-and-data-port-and-some-other-issues-discovered-when/td-p/6416040#.VclcnfmqpBc

Will be addressed under -  QCCR2D50440

The barcode issue looks to be a major problem in that I cannot see a workaround.

I'll write this one up for R&D to fix ASAP.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise**
PerthRM8

Thanks, 

I am continue my testing . 

regarding the Customised toolbars/Ribon menus  , most likely they are not going to be retained for users when for example we do next upgrade or when we apply global settings (with all options selected) . Just tested with Global Settings and they were gone. 

I am wondering if we can somehow export them or .. Windows registries...?

Regards

Greg Fraser_1
HPE Expert

There are plenty of other posts about that, the short answer is no way to import at this stage. I believe there is an enhancement that ahs requested this be added.

PerthRM8

Re: Testing HP RM8.2.0.7533 - Issues

Thanks.

I am also finding that certain additional fields/lookup items sets are not available for some record types ..

Also, Personal Files, for some reason I cannot see the Access Control options, they are greyed out ...

Please note I am using HP RM8.2.0.7533 pointing towards the HP RM8.1.7919 (patch 3) 

Regards

Helen Barnes
Frequent Visitor

Your WGS is on 8.1?  If so, this could be causing some of the issues you're seeing.  You should be testing with both the WGS and client at the same release to expose all features.

If regards to the lack of download/upload barcode option (I think you mean "Read Barcodes"?) 

You can add it to a Custom tab as a workaround.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Helen :)

Helen Barnes
HPE Content Manager Information Developer
HPE Software: Information Management & Governance
Hewlett Packard Enterprise
PerthRM8

Thanks , 

The Barcodes scanners menu/options did not work in the case when I connect to HP RM8.1.1.7919 (patch 3 ) verion or to the production HP RM8.1.11.7760 

Can you please attach the screen shot of the menu in proper HP RM8.2 environment (Client/Server the same) where it say : Right click - Perform Download" , to convince me :-) 

Regards

Helen Barnes
Frequent Visitor

The menu option isn't available, Greg has submitted a CPE incident for it. 

I have given you a workaround which provides the same functionality as the Tools - Physical Tracking - Read Barcodes - (select a barcode scanner) - RMB - Perform Download option in 8.11.

Helen Barnes
Greg Fraser_1
HPE Expert

Yep there is a request to add the RMB menu options back.

Found the read barcodes button on the "Home" tab too, so you should be right to go from there:

PerthRM8

I was just about to post an answer; 

Yes, it works in the way: I setup that barcode icon called "Read Barcodes" .. that one opens up the list of the currently available barcode scanners... simply choose the one you want and click OK (Do not do any right click "perform download", that does not exist") . Once OK is clicked on the chosen barcode, the well known menu opens up for performing download ...(Check "ignore invalid barcodes" etc..)

All good...

Procedure / instructions has to be changed....

Thanks

Helen Barnes
Frequent Visitor

We'll ensure that the help file is updated to reflect the changes.

Cheers

Helen :)

Helen Barnes
PerthRM8

New thing, 

Issue with Saved searches .. in HP RM8.2. 

Not sure , but this message pops up ...whn trying to execute saved searches.... in different environments...

Grundy
Honored Contributor

Two issues I've found recently with 8.2.0:

1 - In previous versions you can turn on the Activity Log pane, Dataset tab, enable logging and see SQL statements within the client for any actions you perform. This was super useful for all sorts of troubleshooting.

It now appears to be missing?!

2 - So I went to enable logging on the Workgroup server instead, but when you right-click on the Workgroup Server and click 'Enable Logging Immediately' etc... logging does not appear to start. Same if you click the button on the toolbar.

The only way I could get logging to turn on was by ticknig the option on the Workgroup Server to enable logging on next deployment, then do a save/deploy. But this will cause downtime for a production system... so the immediate logging needs to work! 

Cheers :)

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE
::::::::::::::::::::::

INFORMOTION.com.au
PerthRM8

Thanks, 

we recently had a lot of issues with  enabling logging on the Workgroup servers, but it is solved now. Maybe that is why HP disabled that function ... 

I haven't yet play with activity log pane and SQL statements... 

Ok, next one: I am trying to recreate the Global Settings and top toolbars and correct me if I am mistaken but I cannot find the ICON "Show actions and procedures" anywhere .... That one is one of those that should/must be there on top toolbar menu ... So when thu user found some document, instead of right click show action .. user will just clikon the icon as we are doing it now in HP RM8.1.17760 

Anyone?

Regards

PerthRM8

Also, Actions Mail Notifications sent Re: Testing HP RM8.2.0.7533 - Issues

Just to strongly point that the issue with a E-Mail notifications sent to everyone in the action loop and later another e-mail informing the user that previous action-eer completed the action is causing a lot of disturbance in our company and few other departments so much that some high levels are thinking to get rid of HP RM

I am talking about the issue described below : 

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/HP-Records-Manager-and-HP-TRIM/E-mail-action-notifications-in-RM8-1-1-7760-sent-uncontrolled/m-p/6723692#M594

Is it really hard to make that first meesage not going at all as it was the case in HP TRIM 7.3.4 ? The message goes even the box is checked or uncheked in system options. 

I informed about this issue (at HP RM IGF Forum last month when group activity started) few other department's representatives still on HP TRIM 7* and they were shocked that in HP RM8.1 these e-mails are sent uncontrolled (due to new Workflow module in HP RM8.1 )

So, I strongly believe that this behavior should change very soon. 

Any indication that this will happen?

Thanks

PerthRM8

Re: Also, Shortcuts Toolbar - not possible to modify / customise

Also, correct me if I am wrong, the Shortcuts toolbar (on the left side of HP RM8.2 cannot be customised as we used to do in HP RM8.1 and HP TRIM 7.3.4. or I cannot find the way how to do it. 

It gives me the option to uncheck or check : trays favorites and recent ..

We really need this one working as before. 

Regards

Helen Barnes
Frequent Visitor

Re: Also, Shortcuts Toolbar - not possible to modify / customise

You're correct, you can no longer customise the Shortcuts toolbar.

We suggest that you create a custom Ribbon that replicates what users want to see in the Shortcuts toolbar and then you can remove the Shortcuts toolbar from their HP RM window.

Helen Barnes
PerthRM8

New search method - Completed on Time

Hi, 

thanks for claryfing that. 

Ok, i cannot find this new search method "completed on time" mentioned in Fixes 8.2:

HP Records Manager Fixes 8.1

Anyone? 

A string searcg example would help.

thanks

Searching - how to search for Record Actions completed on time
Enhanced. A new search method called "Completed On Time" has been provided for both actions and activities. Also, there is a new property available for the view pane or tree column that also provides this information once actions or activities have been selected.

Helen Barnes
Frequent Visitor

Re: New search method - Completed on Time

When searching for Activities and Record Actions, you need to use the string search doneontime.  The caption name is Completed on time.

Helen Barnes
PerthRM8

Thanks, this looks promising; however, we need these sort of search : date(s) registered, branch and (NOT) Completed on time... 

How can we compile that searc...

I am doing one at the moment but it is not giving me correct results, obviously I am doing something wrong.

Cheers

not doneOnTime and startOn:January 2014 and assignee:36124

Helen Barnes
Frequent Visitor

Are your activities assigned to the actual branch or people within the branch? 

Try searching for assignee:36124+ so it does a recursive search of the location.

Helen Barnes
PerthRM8

Thanks, 

I think I've managed to make it work thanks to your advise.

The plus sign simply got lost in copy/paste process.

Cheers

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event