Client Support
cancel

Temporary/Read Only File Opens when saving excel spreadsheet

Highlighted
TRIM 6.1.3.6768
Regular Collector

Temporary/Read Only File Opens when saving excel spreadsheet

We have a problem with one users computer.  The user Right Clicks and Edit a document in TRIM.  The document opens in excel no problems.  Every now and then when she tries to save the document it closes and opens the document again in read only mode and then asks to save this read only file of the document to local drives.

Also when you try and open the document again it has not registered any changes you have made.

Trim 6.2.4.1236

4 REPLIES
Grundy
New Member.

Re: Temporary/Read Only File Opens when saving excel spreadsheet

This sounds like it may be a 'share workbook'.

This is an Excel feature, where the Excel document can be edited by several staff at the same time, however this feature is not compatible with TRIM and will cause the document to check-in automatically after opening it.

Check this particular Excel file to see if it has been setup as a "Shared Workbook".  :smileyhappy:

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
TRIM 6.1.3.6768
Regular Collector

Sorry this is not a shared workbook.  This only happens on the said users computer.

I'm unable to replicate the problem on other users computer.  I'm also unable to replicate the problem with my own answers.

Ones I have ruled out.

- Computer goes to sleep as per power management rules and thus loses connection to TRIM

- During Sleep mode computer disables network card and loses connection

Any other ideas?

Grundy
New Member.

Where is this user's Offline Records located?

Is it on a network drive?

Where are the TRIMAppData and TRIMLocalAppData paths set?

(HKCU\Software\TOWER Software\TRIM5\Datapaths\)

What if you make this user a local admin on that machine? Does the problem still occur?

Virus scanner interfering?

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
TRIM 6.1.3.6768
Regular Collector

Where is this user's Offline Records located? Located in their My Documents area on the local computer

Is it on a network drive? No

Where are the TRIMAppData and TRIMLocalAppData paths set? Went into registry on the local computer and found both you have decribed but don't say where the paths are set. 

(HKCU\Software\TOWER Software\TRIM5\Datapaths\)

What if you make this user a local admin on that machine? Does the problem still occur? The users are administrators on their computers but the problem stil occurs

Virus scanner interfering? No

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event