The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Client Support
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRIMport bulk export/import to update user's security level and caveat (s)

Highlighted
MWilson88
Super Collector

TRIMport bulk export/import to update user's security level and caveat (s)

Hi All,

As we transition from the use of Access Controls to implementing security levels and caveats I am after some advice on how best to do this ? whether that be via TRIMport or a script? 

I have tried tagging multiple locations and exporting from TRIM. I then opened the file within Excel, adjusted the relevant fields and tried to import back into TRIM, with no luck. 

The following fields were linked via TRIMport:

SecurityString

LocationType

GivenNames

SurnameNoPrefix

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Matt

2 REPLIES
Greg Fraser_1
HPE Expert

Re: TRIMport bulk export/import to update user's security level and caveat (s)

Hi Matt,

Looks like you will need to provide TRIMport quite a bit more information before it will be able to successfully import the details.

AS long as the locations exists in TRIM then you will need to provide the following so that the import files can be correctly identified. This is from the TRIMPort helpfile:

If Locations are already in the dataset, then the following fields need to be imported for each Person Location and match the items already in HP TRIM; otherwise, TRIMPort creates a new Person Location.

• Location Type - for example, Person
  • Sort Name - for example, The Authority - used for non person Location types
  • Last Name Prefix - for example, Van
  • Last Names (No Prefix) - for example, Hellsing
  • First Names - for example, Bob
  • Initials - for example, BGSH
  • Unique Names - for example, The Bob Master - no two Locations can have the same unique name
  • Organization Name - for example, The Authority
  • Position Name - for example, Accountant
  • ID Number - for example, 123456 - no two Locations can have the same ID number
  • Date of Birth - for example, 16/09/1969

Record updateable fields

The following is a list of record fields that can be updated during an import process when Update on Duplicate is selected.

These fields are also updateable when importing other items, for example, Locations, Classifications etc.

Security Profile

Overwrites

Security Level

Overwrites

Caveats

Overwrites

So the Security Level and Caveats can be added to a Location import and as long as all the fields needed to identify a person are included the Security Level and Caveats will overwrite the data.

It would be worth your time running through the Helpfile and get your head around the different fields, some are over written and others just append.

As you prob already know make sure that you make these changes in a test environment first.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise**
EWillsey
Honored Contributor

Re: TRIMport bulk export/import to update user's security level and caveat (s)

I don't think you can change security with Trimport. I have an excel macro I used to do this though. Shoot me a message and I'll share it.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event