cancel

TRIMPort ID

Highlighted
MichaelHeming
Respected Contributor.

TRIMPort ID

Hi all,

Last week I was using TRIMPort to import a large number of items into our 7.3.3 dataset.  The import file had a couple of incorrect lines, which caused the import to stop due to not being able to get the next line - I corrected the import file, removed the data that had already been imported,  and re-ran it.  However, the second time this happened, TRIMPort would not longer open.

The error message I am receiving is:

Error on closing the Import/Export Wizard

Property 'ID' is limited to 2 characters of text.  Please supply a shorter string value.

After clicking OK, another window pops up that says:

Closing HP TRIM Importer

It looks to me as though the database ID that TRIMPort is pointing to has been changed somehow, but I have no idea how this was done or how to change it back.  Other machines don't seem to be affected.

Is this something that could be fixed by re-installing the TRIM 7.3.3 software?  Or is there a way of fixing it without a re-install?

Cheers,

Michael

3 REPLIES
Greg Fraser_1
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: TRIMPort ID

Hi Michael, sometimes if TRIMport fails to exit properly there can be an issue with the mdb file.

Try deleting the temp files that are created :

C:\Users\<user_id>\AppData\Roaming\Hewlett-Packard\HP TRIM\TRIMPort\trimport.mdb

and

C:\Users\<user_id>\AppData\local\Hewlett-Packard\HP TRIM\TRIMPort\trimport.mdb

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus**
MichaelHeming
Respected Contributor.

Thanks Greg,

I couldn't find anything at

C:\Users\<user_id>\AppData\local\Hewlett-Packard\HP TRIM\TRIMPort\trimport.mdb

(The TRIMPort directory did not exist.)

However, I deleted

C:\Users\<user_id>\AppData\Roaming\Hewlett-Packard\HP TRIM\TRIMPort\trimport.mdb

and a .tpp file at:

C:\Users\<user_id>\AppData\Roaming\Hewlett-Packard\HP TRIM\TRIMPort\ToProcess\

TRIMPort now loads.

Thanks again.

Greg Fraser_1
Acclaimed Contributor.

Nice one

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus**