Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRIM Preview not available in this context due to audit log settings

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted

TRIM Preview not available in this context due to audit log settings

We get this message in the Preview Pane when attempting to preview documents in TRIM (version 7.10 #1157). 

"Preview not available in this context, due to audit log settings."

It occurs when navigating from a container to contained record while the Preview Tab is active.  

Our work around is to double-click the affected document to open it fully in the viewer (but Preview doesn't work).

This is a problem for some of our users, particularly when they need to scroll through lots of documents, such as when doing Quality Assurance.  It slows them down enormously.

The issues has previously been discussed & affected TRIM versions as early as V6.

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Client-Support/Preview-Tab-7-01/td-p/2398598

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Client-Support/No-preview-of-documents-Trim-7-1/td-p/2397846

The stated work around is not acceptable in our case (turning off "Document Viewed" audit logging for the affected record type).  It would be likely to cause us public accountability problems in the future.  Our clients are in the news from time-to-time & who-saw-what is an issue that has been raised in the past.

Apparently it was reported as "R&D: 39712" but I couldn't see any resolution.

Do we have an ETA on when it will be fixed?  Have I missed the solution somewhere?  Has someone found a better work-around?

Thanks

Steve M

5 REPLIES
EWillsey
Honored Contributor

Re: TRIM Preview not available in this context due to audit log settings

If you're getting this after expanding a folder and scrolling through the contents, open the folder instead (double click). Then the bug goes away.
Sander Hoogwerf
Honored Contributor

The "Document Viewed" must be turned off for the active auditlog level per recordtype which means it's only not viewable in the TRIM client.

The auditlog running on the eventserver does process the audit entry (provided it's ticked in the system settings) and writes it to the auditlog file, so the accountability shouldn't be problem.

(Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be construed as an official statement by DXC Technology.)

Analytics & Data Management
Application & Business Services
DXC Technology
Neil Summers
HPE Expert
Solution

It looks to me like CR 39712 somehow morphed into QCCR2D41096. From TRIM_Fixes in the 7.2.0.2264 release:

41096 - Record Preview tab displays an error when 'Document Viewed' Audit option is enabled
Fixed. When the 'Document Viewed' Audit option is enabled, the Record Preview tab now correctly displays the document.

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of CM you're using in all posts. At any given time, HPE are supporting approx. 30+ released versions)

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/
CCISM

Where is the 'Document Viewed' Audit option located to enable it?

Thanks

SH
CCISM

Nevermind I found it.
SH
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event