cancel

TRIM Outlook error

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Travis Sellers
Trusted Contributor.

TRIM Outlook error

We recently upgraded from TRIM 6 to 7.1.1.1828.  We use Office 2007.

Prior to the upgrade, a user set up a rule in Outlook to move emails to a certain folder.  That folder was set up to automatically save into TRIM.  For 12 months it worked fine.

After the upgrade, the user receives the error:

"HP TRIM in Outlook

The function cannot be performed because the message has been changed."

We have tried to re-created the folder, un-linked and re-linked the folder, rebooted, and tested by dragging the e-mail
out of the trigger folder and then back in. When manually drag it in, the function performs perfectly.

Any ideas?

Thanks

5 REPLIES
Grundy
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: TRIM Outlook error

If manually dragging it works I would expect a rule to work fine too.

Have you logged a case with Support? Should be easy to replicate if it's a bug.

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
Travis Sellers
Trusted Contributor.

If it helps...

The error apparently only happens when the e-mail is brand new (possibly still being delivered).  If the e-mail has arrived, sat in my inbox for a minute, and then its moved (by me or the rule) to the folder, then it works perfectly.
Any ideas?
Grundy
Acclaimed Contributor.

That's a bit unusual.

It might be a caching delay.

e.g. TRIM integration is attempting to work with a local cached copy, but the full email hasn't transferred across yet.

So the rule is running and moving the email before the TRIM Add-in can actually 'see' a copy of the email to then alter the subject line and add the TRIM MAPI Properties.

I can't think of why that would happen otherwise.

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
Ian Welch
Trusted Contributor.

In Outlook you have the option to download header only if the network connection is slow could this be occurring? I think you can disable this via the outlook icon in the system tray.
Travis Sellers
Trusted Contributor.
Solution

This issue has been resolved by combining two separate Outlook Rules into a single Rule.