TRIM Desktop - remove from the installable components and from Send To

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Ozzi_Alex
Collector

TRIM Desktop - remove from the installable components and from Send To

Hi

Does anyone know how to disable the installation of TRIM Desktop and TRIM Queue Processor, using the bathc mode install?

Thanks

Alex

5 REPLIES
Greg Fraser_1
HPE Expert

Re: TRIM Desktop - remove from the installable components and from Send To

Don't think that you will be able to disable desktop entirely. It gets used when using TR5 files and through the office integration.

in the past sites have removed the desktop icons from the menu options so that users can mistakenly open it.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise**
Ozzi_Alex
Collector

I meant, TRIM Desktop (not TRIM client) and TRIM Queue Processor. At least, remove shortcuts would be enough...
Greg Fraser_1
HPE Expert

Yep I was talking about Desktop, not the client.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise**
EWillsey
Honored Contributor
Solution

You used to be able to control that back in v6, but I think it led to a lot of drama during installs.  It's no longer a switch during installation.  I just include the removal of them during a deployment.

I remove these links from the following locations via an Active Setup script during deployment:

All Users Desktop

Users Desktop

Users Quick Launch

Send To

All Users Start Menu

Users Start Menu

Some customers don't want the option there because of the confusion/questions it causes.  

Ozzi_Alex
Collector

Thanks, Willsey!
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event