Client Support
cancel

TRIM 7.2.1.3519 client, cannot show text labels of toolbar icons

Highlighted
Annabelle Wills
Super Contributor.

TRIM 7.2.1.3519 client, cannot show text labels of toolbar icons

Hi, I am testing TRIM 7.2.1.3519 client and when I tried to add text labels to toolbar icons, this does not seem to work. Also, when previewing documents via the 'Preview' tab, the right click options are not available.  Is anyone experiencing these?  Both are working fine on TRIM 7.1.0.1159.  Backend at the moment is 6.2.4.1240.  Thanks

7 REPLIES
alexw_1
Super Contributor.

Re: TRIM 7.2.1.3519 client, cannot show text labels of toolbar icons

The way that both user settings (like toolbars) and the preview functionality have changed between 6.2.4 and 7.2.1.

I don't think there is a lot of value in doing testing without an upgraded backend.

Adam_Ledwos
Respected Contributor.

Am testing 7.21.3519 (Client and backend) and can confirm that there is no longer right click functionality from the preview tab.

I am able, however, to add text labels to toolbar icons.

Adam
Grundy
Acclaimed Contributor.

As above, please make sure you are testing with matching client/server versions.

Especially when looking at user configuration features, as we have drastically changed how this works between 6.2.X and 7.X.

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
NZ-TRIM-Experts
Super Contributor.

Hi,

I've also tested this build with same version of client and server 7.2.1 3519. I open TRIM, right click the toolbar area, choose Customise and go to the Toolbars tab.  Click on the Standard Toolbar in the list and then click on Show Text Labels.

The only text lables that show are Save and Help.  I've tried clearing caches, reset toolbars, rebooting etc.  it is always consistent.

Chris

InfocentriK Helpdesk
InfocentriK Limited
Grundy
Acclaimed Contributor.

Thanks for the confirmation Chris.

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
Annabelle Wills
Super Contributor.

Thanks all for your replies and thanks Chris for confirming the issue.  It is exactly what I get even with the mixed environment that we have.  

Grundy, is there already a CRID raised for this?

There are other issues I've found with 7.2.1 that we do not get with 7.1.0 1159  client (with 6.24 backend), but I'll retest these first with the 7.2.1servers we're building and report if the results are still the same.

Grundy
Acclaimed Contributor.

I'm not aware of any known issues recorded for this.

If you could raise a support case our team will write it up!  

Cheers.

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au