Client Support
cancel

TRIM 7.1: Error Connecting to TRIM Dataset - Client write timed out.

Highlighted
White_Bear
New Member.

TRIM 7.1: Error Connecting to TRIM Dataset - Client write timed out.

Hi,

Been experiencing the following error while attempting to file a document into TRIM using the send to function when i'm on wireless.

Error:

"A request to the HP TRIM Workgroup Server 'A' failed:

Error connecting to TRIM dataset 'B' on workgroup 'C'. Client write timed out"

I do not receive this error when attempting to file a document into TRIM using the same function when i'm on LAN (and i am able to file the document using the same way when i'm on LAN)

Any ideas why? I'm not sure if this is a connectivity issue or something else.

2 REPLIES
Greg Fraser_1
HPE Expert

Re: TRIM 7.1: Error Connecting to TRIM Dataset - Client write timed out.

Is the wireless on the LAN as well?

Or is on a different network?

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise**
Harry-Koppanyi
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: TRIM 7.1: Error Connecting to TRIM Dataset - Client write timed out.

It could be the case that your Wireless connects to different IP and network range and LAN on the different however same network or compatible network with TRIM server. This is usual of having two separate networks for security reasons ( allow guests, visitors, vendors to use internet without accessing the corporate network.

You can test yourself by first connecting to LAN and get you IP address , then connect to wireless network and check the assigned IP using "ipconfig" command from DOS.

Another possiblity could be your local computer Firewall that may be detecting these networks as separate and deny ceratain applications and ports.
Cheers,

Cheers,
Harry