Client Support
cancel

TRIM 7.1 Database Migrate from Oracle 10g to SQL 2008?

Highlighted
Beau Richards
Occasional Contributor

TRIM 7.1 Database Migrate from Oracle 10g to SQL 2008?

Hello Forum.

I have a client looking to move their database server from Oracle 10g to SQL2008 using the TES Dataset Migration option.

Has anyone done this yet with TRIM 7.0.2 or 7.1?  Any advice or best practices anyone can share?  I was successful in moving a TRIM 6.25 dataset from Oracle to SQL, then brining the SQL version up to 7.0.2 but have not attempted this in TRIM 7.x only.

If anyone has tips and tricks and gotch-ya's for preparing the Oracle Database please share!

Thanking you in Advance!

HPRM (TRIM) Training Manager
ControlPoint Training Manager
COURSE LISTING: https://registration.autonomy.com/trim
2 REPLIES
Sander Hoogwerf
Honored Contributor

Re: TRIM 7.1 Database Migrate from Oracle 10g to SQL 2008?

I've once done it as a test (with 6.2), but depending on your database size it may take days.

A quicker way seemed to create a blank dataset in SQL Server and then using the SQL function to import data from Oracle which ran in a few hours.

Don't know if HP Software would support this, but it may be an alternative once properly tested.

(Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be construed as an official statement by DXC Technology.)

Analytics & Data Management
Application & Business Services
DXC Technology
Neil Summers
HPE Expert

Re: TRIM 7.1 Database Migrate from Oracle 10g to SQL 2008?

Sander wrote:

I've once done it as a test (with 6.2), but depending on your database size it may take days.

A quicker way seemed to create a blank dataset in SQL Server and then using the SQL function to import data from Oracle which ran in a few hours.

Don't know if HP Software would support this, but it may be an alternative once properly tested.

If you used Sander's approach, then used the TES tools to do a schema repair and apply constraints, I assume it'd work fine. Test it of course.

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of CM you're using in all posts.

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event