TRIM 7.1.2

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
TomAlter
Super Collector

TRIM 7.1.2

Recently after a TRIM Upgrade to TRIM 7.1.2 from TRIM 6.2.5

a user complains that, TRIM loads, initialises but never displays on screen.

There is a flashing window of the TRIM client, later it disappears in a flash of second.

Task manager however shows TRIM.exe is loaded in memory, but there is no  TRIM client in front to interact.

Any help here or directions are appreciated.

Thanks

10 REPLIES
Greg Fraser_1
HPE Expert

Re: TRIM 7.1.2

Just the one user? Try a reinstall of TRIM.

Also 7.12 is no longer supported, just so you are aware.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise**
TomAlter
Super Collector

the user access TRIM client from a central farm which is like on a CITRIX env where we can't do a re-install.

the same client when accessed by another user, it works for him although.

Thanks

EWillsey
Honored Contributor

Purge the user's TRIM registry and reopen.
TomAlter
Super Collector

Is it possible to tell which TRIM Settings could cause this issue in particular ?

Note: we recently upgraded from TRIM 6.2.5 to TRIM 7.1.2 and TRIM Registry settings are even locked, to discourage users from making any custom settings within.

Grundy
Honored Contributor

It's possibly a permissions issue on the server or a problem with their windows profile too.

What if you log into the server directly and run TRIM as that user, instead of via xenapp/web interface etc?

It might resolve the issue for you and they will be able to open it correctly after that.

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE
::::::::::::::::::::::

INFORMOTION.com.au
TomAlter
Super Collector

I shadowed the user and the issue is persistent, TRIM given an impression that it is loading, but fails to load, leaving trim.exe running in the taskmanager, with no TRIM client interface appears to be there.

However when I log on the same server, it works fine, with no issues.

EWillsey
Honored Contributor

Does your client remember you recent search methods? If so, it's saving your registry. This users registry might just have a window position stores which is off screen... I've seen it happen before.
TomAlter
Super Collector

Thanks for your directions,

No, if this was a window position, it would have been present on the the Applications tab of Task Manager and also on the task bar. It's not there on Task bar and nor in the applications tab of the task manager.

There is a flash just before the TRIM client disappears and TRIM Client is no-where except for TRIM.exe in the Processes wihich I can't delete due to Securirty restrictions.

What causes the dis-appearence of the TRIM client is certainly a mystery, I tried loading it from the location where TRIM.exe resides, shortcuts, other program menus...but all scenarios ..leave an impression that it is loading and then disappears.

Only one such user as opposed to all others working fine with this user having identical Permissions to others as permisssions based on the group domain and they are identical.

Any further directions or clue's, Please share.

TomAlter
Super Collector

this is the error which is recorded when the user's TRIM client disappeared just after initialization snapshot;

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID  {0C0A3666-30C9-11D0-8F20-00805F2CD064}

any assistance,will be appreciated

TomAlter
Super Collector
Solution

a complete profile reset of that user on the metafarm server fixed the issue.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event