TRIM 7.1.2 DCI Chains - moving to a different location

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Ozzi_Alex
Collector

TRIM 7.1.2 DCI Chains - moving to a different location

Hi

We are migrating our TRIM infrastructure (including the database, document store and the DCI database)  to a new location. The database will be called a different name in the new environment and, also, its name in TRIM will be different, but the DBID will stay the same. 

Our Document Content Index database is 25Gb in size and I would prefer to migrate it, rather than, re-index the whole database anew. 

A few days ago we test-migrated the TRIM to a new location - that included TRIM clients (new install), database, document stores and the DCI database. Rather than transferring the DCI chains first and,then, copying them to a new location, I simply copied the DCI chains to anew location, without transferring  them.

I re-registered the DCI chain in TES, re-using the existing DCI database, tested it using Test button - all went well. But no DCI chain is displayed in TES and Documetn Content search doesn't return anything. 

My question is - where did I err, why TRIM doesn't see the DCI and is there a link to a previous location of the DCI chains in the DCI database?

Thanks

Alex

3 REPLIES
Greg Fraser_1
HPE Expert
Solution

Re: TRIM 7.1.2 DCI Chains - moving to a different location

This is an old document, however the steps should be the same.

I would guess that the step you are missing is updating the config file with the new location.

Have a read through and let me know how you get on.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise**
Ozzi_Alex
Collector

Hi Greg

I missed the 'Directory' part in TRIMFtr.cfg file - that is why the requests were going to an old location. I changed that to point to a new dci share and, bingo! all works now.

Thanks a lot!

Alex
Greg Fraser_1
HPE Expert

No worries

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise**
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event