Client Support
cancel

TRIM 7.1.2 (2017) Document content indexing failed

Highlighted
Ozzi_Alex
Super Contributor.

TRIM 7.1.2 (2017) Document content indexing failed

We've been doing DCI based on Date Registered. Our Doc store is over 1.5 Tb. The max index size is 250mb, with the following configuration: Number of transactions in an index update file: 1 Number of transactions in an index update file during a reindex: 1000 Do not index pure numbers: ticked. Rest is unticted. The Date Last Updated range DCI failed this morning with heaps of error messages, like the one below: 11:02:29 0 VA ***** The primary content index in folder \\agbyyd\edmindex\VA\SDB_20140709 has a pending transaction file (\\agbyyd\edmindex\VA\SDB_20140709\TRIMpending.bin). This indicates that a previous call to update the index using these transactions has failed. All content indexing will cease for this database until the problem has been rectified. When I tried Document Content searching in TRIM, it failed with the error message Error : VA User: ASSDF - An error occurred executing a Content Index query. Content Index Searching is not currently available - an update to the index is currently in progress. Please contact your HP TRIM System Administrator for further details. I renamed TRIMpending.bin to TRIMtrans.bin, changed the status of "Content Index" event from "Suspended" to "Processing", force-restarted it, to no avail, though. But, at least, Document Content searching is now possible. This is the last index in Index chaining and it's got "Updatable" mode. All other indexes, which are part of index chain, have "Writable" mode. DCI Event is not scheduled to run, all DCI is done from TES. What is the safest way to reindex for that date range that failed? Will that date range be merged to the same IXB which it failed to get reindexed to, or will the new IXB be created? What happens, in this case, wit hte change indexing - will the order be skipped? What will I need to do with the DCI fodler, that contains the failed indexing database? Thanks a lot Alex
5 REPLIES
Grundy
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: TRIM 7.1.2 (2017) Document content indexing failed

Best option:  Upgrade to a new version of TRIM/RM and use IDOL.

Other option:  Blow away the old index and re-index DCI. Sometimes ISYS just ends up with a corrupt index and you can't recover from it.

You can try a few other steps first if you want, but I've found it's mostly a waste of time with ISYS.

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
Ozzi_Alex
Super Contributor.

Hi Grundy The best option is impossible, though. The option of blowing away the whole DCI - do you mean, just the failed bit (a small date range - we are doing DCI by Date Resgistered - monthly), or the whole DCI ? Alex
Grundy
Acclaimed Contributor.

If your previous chains were all set to 'read only' and aren't corrupt, then you can delete the more recent chain and re-index the time period that chain covered.

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
Ozzi_Alex
Super Contributor.

Thanks, Grundy.

Infact, I simply re-ran reindexing for the failed period, and it seems to have worked.

Alex

Grundy
Acclaimed Contributor.

Yep, that would be effectively reindexing the latest chain.

There are a lot of cases where that fails and you'll need to refer to the original options. i.e. Upgrade. :)

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au