Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRIM 7.01 - Scanning Barcodes

Highlighted
RubenReyes
Super Collector

TRIM 7.01 - Scanning Barcodes

In the Activity  Log Pane after downing loading from our Barcode reader I am getting error:

RAM0000DT2 : Unknown : RecordBarcode belongs to a different dataset., Invalid barcode label., Skipping to next valid Location.

When I reprint the label for same file (whose label was printed from TRIM 6 or even earlier) I get a different barcode and it is no longer RAM0000DT2 but RTP0000DT2.

Suggestions?

Thanks

9 REPLIES
TRIMGuru
Honored Contributor

Re: TRIM 7.01 - Scanning Barcodes

It would appear that upon installation of TRIM v7, that somebody changed the Dataset ID from RA to RT and thus causing the problem you describe.

Depending on how "new" your v7 install is (e.g. there's no events to be processed, you haven't printed out any barcodes and applied them to anything, etc) you could change the ID back to RA via Enterprise Studio Manager for TRIM .  But you have to be real cautious in determining if or should you do this.

The other recourse is to reprint all the barcodes for the selected file (as needed for when you scan it).

There's a another alternative of saving the scans to a file, then manipulating the file to make it "import ready", and then import the RA number into the foreign barcode field of that record.

RubenReyes
Super Collector

Thanks for that.

We upgraded mid August and have applied barcodes to files since then.

Your first option would allow all those files made prior to the upgrade to be scannable which is what we need. If we chanegd the ID back to RA could we then reprint barcodes for those files made post the upgrade? (obviously a far smaller number)

This option also sounds like a way of fixing all the files at once, rather than only some of them on a needs basis (which would be incredibly time consuming).

The only thing is the caution you mention?!

TRIMGuru
Honored Contributor

"Your first option would allow all those files made prior to the upgrade to be scannable which is what we need. If we chanegd the ID back to RA could we then reprint barcodes for those files made post the upgrade? (obviously a far smaller number)"

Yes, that should work.  I stated being "cautious" as there may be things in TRIM that I'm not aware of that utilize the dataset ID, though I suspect that the event processor might. 

It would be best to submit a support request to HP and tell them you're changing the dataset ID and ask them about any ramifications, particulary as it pertains to the event processor.

Grundy
Honored Contributor

I just wanted to point out that the 'R' means the barcode is for a record and the original Dataset ID were the next two characters:  AM

The new Dataset ID now appears to be: TP

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
TRIMGuru
Honored Contributor

Ugh, my BAD, you're totally correct Grundy, ty for correcting MY mistake.

Grundy
Honored Contributor

All good, just didn't want Ruben to go change the dataset ID back to 'RA' instead of 'AM' if he goes down that path. :smileyhappy:

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
RubenReyes
Super Collector

Grundy do you think this is a sensible course of action?

Grundy
Honored Contributor

TRIM Guru's advice was spot-on.

You can change it back if you want, but all newly printed barcodes with the 'TP'  id will not work and will need to be re-printed.

I suggest changing it back, as there will be a much larger set of records affected if you leave the id as 'TP' instead of the old ID. (Assuming you have a dataset that is more than 6 months old for example that you printed barcodes from)

So yes, this would also be my recommendation. :smileyhappy:

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
RubenReyes
Super Collector

Just wanted to double check.

Thank you both for your help

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event