cancel

TRIM 6.1.5 and Windows 7

Highlighted
Jamie_1
Regular Collector

TRIM 6.1.5 and Windows 7

I know 6.1.5 is not supported on Windows 7 but has any got it running?  If so what had to be done to get it working?

thanks

13 REPLIES
Terry McKenna
Frequent Visitor

Re: TRIM 6.1.5 and Windows 7

I have not tried that configuration myself but also be mindful that Office 2007/2010 are not supported for TRIM 6.1. Most of the time when an organization upgrades to Windows 7 they plan to upgrade Office to the latest version as well. Not sure if that is true for you just putting that out there.

...and don't forget 6.1 is officially obsolete and not supported by HP after October 31 this year.

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of CM you're using in all posts.

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/
Jamie_1
Regular Collector

Thanks for the responses.  We are planning an upgrade to 6.2 but ICT in their wisdom have already started rolling out Windows 7 and Office 2010.  Just wanted to see if anyone had got 6.1 and Windows 7 going as an intermim measure.

Thanks

Terry McKenna
Frequent Visitor

Office 2010 is not supported in TRIM 6.1, 6.2 or TRIM 7.0. A latter version will support Office 2010.

Now that 7.1 is released, we can now state that 7.1 supports Office 2010 integration. :smileyhappy:

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
TRIMGuru
Honored Contributor

WHERE is it released?  I have no notifications about it (and I'm signed up for them) nor does the HP self solve site have it..

Grundy
Honored Contributor

See my Current Builds post on the general TRIM forum.

There has been plenty of focus on it at TUF, but I have no idea why no other notifications have been sent out.

Kris Brown has tweeted it, he would be the best person to hassle about notifications and announcements. :smileyhappy:

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
TRIMUser1966
Acclaimed Contributor

We are trying to establish TRIM 6.1.6 (6963) on Windows 7 using Office 2007 for a short interim period.  It appears that we get daily Office application shutdowns.  I have not lost work but this would not be acceptable to users.  Has anyone any ideas about what is causing this?

Terry McKenna
Frequent Visitor

TRIMUser1966,

TRIM 6.1.x was never certified/tested on the MS Windows 7 platform so that may be the cause. Do you have the following applications installed:

1)       Windows Runtimes for TRIM

2)       Microsoft Office 2007 Primary Interop Assemblies

3)       Microsoft’s Vstor30

TRIMUser1966 wrote:

We are trying to establish TRIM 6.1.6 (6963) on Windows 7 using Office 2007 for a short interim period.  It appears that we get daily Office application shutdowns.  I have not lost work but this would not be acceptable to users.  Has anyone any ideas about what is causing this?

As Terry pointed out, 6.1.6 is not supported with Windows 7.

If you are using the TRIM Outlook Add-in, it was supported for Office 2007 in 6.1.6, but not while running on Windows 7.

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
TRIMUser1966
Acclaimed Contributor

Many thanks for the prompt responses and comments about support.

Terry McKenna
Frequent Visitor

You're welcome.

Were you able to resolve this? Did you try my suggestions about installing the other bits?

I have passed on the details to my ICT colleagues for a response.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event