cancel

SideBySide DLL errors - is this a problem?

Highlighted
alexw_1
Super Contributor.

SideBySide DLL errors - is this a problem?

Hi,

I've seen this on a couple of client sites. I had an existing support issue on one of these machines, and put this through to support, but the only suggestion was that the DLL and/or manifest was corrupt. I copied it from another machine and re-registered it (it was identical anyway), and it made no difference.

Is anyone else seeing this error?

TRIM 7.10 1132 or 1150,  32-bit

Windows 7 32-bit or 64-bit.

Log Name: Application
Source: SideBySide
Date: 24/01/2012 9:48:25 AM
Event ID: 9
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: some pc
Description:
Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP TRIM\adxloader.dll.Manifest".Error in manifest or policy file "C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP TRIM\adxloader.dll.Manifest" on line 2. The manifest file root element must be assembly.

2 REPLIES
JohnHartley
Respected Contributor.

Re: SideBySide DLL errors - is this a problem?

Nasty problem to have.

It is a clash with the dll files.  We narrowed down the clash to a piece of Cisco software  (Cisco Personal Communicator) that was used for integratated telephony.  I turned out that the Cisco software used a slightly different version of the Visual Studio 2008 pre-requsite.

We tried a few options and eventually came up with an order of installation that avoided the issue.  From memory it was:

• Uninstall Trim
  • Uninstall Communicator
  • Install Trim
  • Install Communicator

or a minor varation of this.

Cisco Personal Communicator
tbanera
Trusted Contributor.

Re: SideBySide DLL errors - is this a problem?

We are seeing the same issues.  Every machine in our environment.

We run Windows 7 x64 and Office x86.  Both version of TRIM are installed.  7.35.5352

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

T