Did you mean: 

Semi urgent - RM8.1 and Overdue corr reports

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
PerthRM8

Semi urgent - RM8.1 and Overdue corr reports

Hi

We are using HP TRIM 7.3.4 5739 but now testing RM8.1 ...

OK, What would be the correct search for overdue actions for some branch/Organisation in TRIM for last month (RM8.1)?

Date registered 1/8/2014 - 21/08/2014

Location "Project Management  * or + ?"   (star or PLUS)?

Actions attached : ALL !!

Overdue? Or not, or both ?completed on TIME?

Old saved search for overdue actions/documents are not working

Screenshot would be helpfull.

Also, as average user for some reason i cannot assign the action , actually choose location, it is greyed out..??!!1

Thanks

23 REPLIES
Greg Fraser_1
HPE Expert
Solution

Re: Semi urgent - RM8.1 and Overdue corr reports

String search would look something like this:

action:1 and action:overdue and registeredOn:1/8/2014 - 21/08/2014 and assignee:[name:project management]

So the format is METHOD:PARAMETERS 

then add additional search filets with

AND, OR, NOT

In my example "action:1" is the number of the action i am seaching against. If you wanted to search against all actions it would be action:[all]

You can also use registeredOn:this month

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise**
PerthRM8

Thank Greg,

I tried your suggestion

At beginning, it was not so clear.. (I used Boolean search method.)

It was a bit different to recreate the 7.3.4. Search for overdue correspondence  in RM8.1 but now I think I got it :-)

Our users will be confused little bit too, as they have to type in the word "overdue" ...

Have a look at the screen shot....

Also, the owner is greyed out ...me. is that OK, As sometimes I would like to transfer the owneship of the saved search to someone else...how to do that?

Regards

PerthRM8

Urgent - Still issues with this..... Re: Semi urgent - RM8.1 and Overdue corr reports

Hi,

it is me again....

Just to let you know that we are still having issue with this overdue actions report ...

More info: My search example above did found some overdue actions and documents

for a certain branch but not all;

For example ,

Let say we have Finance branch users and documents owned in Finance Branch as per this example:

10 documents with actions for individuals within this branch. (The search found these, all OK)

But we also have some other managers who are assigning actions on documents owned by other branches but actions needs to be done by Finance users.

In short, Manager of Finance wants to see all overdue actions that are assigned to his employees .e.g. in his branch, regardless of who is the owner of the docuemnt.

How can we recreate this overdue search, and where did we lost a PLUS + sign in all this? e.g. Finance + ?

Thanks

Greg Fraser_1
HPE Expert

Re: Urgent - Still issues with this..... Re: Semi urgent - RM8.1 and Overdue corr reports

Have you been searching on 'owner' or 'assignee'?

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise**
PerthRM8

Re: Urgent - Still issues with this..... Re: Semi urgent - RM8.1 and Overdue corr reports

Hi,

my search was with OWNER.. assignee did not produced any results...

Greg Fraser_1
HPE Expert

can you add the search you are performing, not a description a screenshot

PerthRM8

Date registered : date range e.g. last month

And action:[overdue]

these are ok so far,

but when i want to specify the location of the users of the certain branch,  I tried :

and Owner :[Finance Branch"

also Assignee

also contact

but none of these gave me a result..

Do you have a successfull overdue search working OK in your environment... Keep in mind that documents are assigned to Individuals ....

Regards

Greg Fraser_1
HPE Expert

Also, did you try the string search variation that was provided earlier in this thread?

PerthRM8

It is confusing :

what method, where we choose this? or this is just a general comment...

then add additional search filets with

AND, OR, NOT

Once again my search is finding all actions in the whole company , overdue last month.. I just want to narrow it to one branch... users to be from that branch... are there any other tick box where we include all child location or prevously PLUS sign ? wild card.

regards

Greg Fraser_1
HPE Expert

Not sure what else to tell you, it works for me in string searching.

action[overdue] and assignee[branch]

Brings back all actions that are overdue for that users that are delegates of that branch.

EWillsey
Honored Contributor

Screenshot?
PerthRM8

I got it working now thanks to Info Proficency person who explain where did + sign was gone

more info soon ..still doing some other stuff

PerthRM8

Better to post this before lunch time:

Greg, you were right but I was ignoring subconsciously your suggestion "STRING search" ...

But anyway, there was no PLUS sign in your answer that will give me all child locations for that particular set of overdue actions where actioners are users from that particular branch.  

I found it later (suggested by another person) ....

I was so close but i was confused with the word recursive ... google dictionary sinonims ... needs to be ticked/checked

So, here it is : string search

registeredOn:Last 9 Months and action:[overdue and assignee:311+]

Also: Screenshot:

The key word here is Responsible location ... Also, this is a "complex search" where we have one normal search category ( date Range) and one complex one for Actions ( Actions ALL Overdue and Responsible Location and children )

Thanks to everyone who helped.

Curry time

Regards

PerthRM8

Hi, me, again ...

Looking for any solution for quick and efficient Saved Search re-creation in e.g. TEST/DEV environment, and exporting it to e.g. Excel and late, once the upgrade from HP TRIM 7.3.4 is finished , importing / recreating them in bulk to RM8 environemnt... deleting the old ones ....

So far no options for this? TRIMPORT - no solution, DATAPort, no solution, TR5 reference links manipulation, no solution ...

Copy/Paste also not working ...

Is there any other way ? Anything to be done using Print Merge ?

Thanks

Helen Barnes
Frequent Visitor

You need to re-create them manually.  There are possibily some smart people out there who have written something that will help, but I'll leave it to them to respond.

On another note, can you please create a new thread for your questions if they relate to another feature/topic.  It'll make life easier for all.

Thanks!

Cheers

Helen :)

Helen Barnes
HPE Content Manager Information Developer
HPE Software: Information Management & Governance
Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Greg Fraser_1
HPE Expert

Also, there isn't any need to place a severity on the title.

PerthRM8

Thanks guys, absolutelly right,

will do next time,

However, I am in the stage where I have an Excel spreadsheet with exported metadata of saved searches from  RM8.1 TEST/DEV environment ( Searches are modified, e.g. Assignee string / numbers and other data changed) etc.

So, there is no answer for this one.. In my opinion, Saved Searches are important for the organisation and we should be able to export-import them using DataPort or something else...

If task of recreating the 5-6000 Saved Searches falls on TRIM Support team, changing the OWNER of the search will be also hard as it is not allow Administrators to change the owner .... where do we change this?

Regards

EWillsey
Honored Contributor

That's why I created a utility to convert them automatically. Much easier than rebuilding manually.
PerthRM8

Oh,

so it is possible.

thanks.

So, some smart people out there who have written something are spoken :-)

Ok, are we talking money here or we talking about some free utility that could be freely distributed.

In any case:

How is that one works (e.g. Imports the old type of searches into the RM8.1 reading the values from MS excel sheet or?

Did imported searches appeared later in user's favorites Saved Searches

do the have same URI numbers as the old ones?

Any other changes.

We are having a big meeting to discuss the future upgrade and I am planning to mention that there is a way.

Regards

EWillsey
Honored Contributor

Yeah it's something you have to buy.  It's fairly cheap though.  It works by directly reading the upgraded environment and showing you which searches can be converted (90% can, some cannot).  It then recreates them, keeping all information (such as parameters, owner, access controls).

PerthRM8

Thanks.

acknowledged.

One question:

I made one of the overdue saved searches in Live environment (Using RM8.1 pointing towards Live TRIM Dataset).

Then I accessed that same saved RM*.1 search through HP TRIM 7.3.4. and it worked OK.

Is this mean that all these Saved searches in HP TRIM can be now converted (in advance, via RM8.1 Machine) 100% successfully in the HP TRIM  Live Environment?

Would the user see the difference .... Isn't it just the same/similar SQL search code?

Any new feature in the SQL search ?...

Any issues that could arise here?

What would happen when the upgrade happen?

Thanks

Hi @PerthRM8

Are you already in touch with an HP Sales Rep? If not just let me know if you need any assistance getting in touch with one to discuss this further

I am an HP employee in the enterprise software group. If my post helps you, please mark it as an accepted solution. If you need further insight into HP Solutions, please send me a private message or contact an HP Solutions Expert
PerthRM8

Hi, I just replied privately to Eric.

Thanks

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event