Semi Urgent, but challenging one : PST and TRIM Linked folders

Highlighted
Delete_or_Not
Super Contributor.

Semi Urgent, but challenging one : PST and TRIM Linked folders

Hi,

HP TRIM 7.3.3 Win 7, 2008-R2 Office 2010 Outlook 2010 :

Is is possible to achieve this:

A user / boss to create the PST folder somewhere on the share netword drive. The PST folder consist 50 folders in it; all linked towards the particular Corporate Files with respectible record types.

This is to be used as a template for all other users under this manager. Meaning: If a user copy this PST folder into his MS Outlook area, it is expected that all these links in the linked folders work fine, e.g. when emails are dropped there, to be saved to HP TRIM Corporate files as setup before.

How the Windows registry are involved here and how to achive these in 2-3 quick steps to be done for each user.

Thanks.

7 REPLIES
EWillsey
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Semi Urgent, but challenging one : PST and TRIM Linked folders

Use the built in export and import features of the addin. It'll so everything you've asked.
Delete_or_Not
Super Contributor.

Still testing it...

Delete_or_Not
Super Contributor.

Nope, does not work..sorry...

My newly created PST was placed on shared network drive. I had 3 linked folders there. (Linked folders work fine on my machine).

When my colleague used MS Outlook to add this networked PST folder to his MS Outlook, links where not there.

So I exported links to my Outlook drafts. Resaved them to the same shared network drive.

Instructed my colleage to now import TIO file or whateve extension is. Done. Does not work.

PC Restarted to refresh windows registry.

Still not working...

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks

Delete_or_Not
Super Contributor.

I even tried to export my windows registry key ( i have 25 folders linked) and edit it to leave only those 3 linked folders information / keys / values in the registry. Place that to desktop and later to a shared network drive for everyone to use it together with that PST folder. (Double click on the registry keY) ...

Other users who have other linked folders had their windows registries overwritten / messed up..

So, this cannot be done properly in some other easy way?

Thanks

Ralf_Wegener
Honored Contributor.

Have you tried this approach.

1. Rather than creating PST template on shared drive, have you considered as part your exchange mailbox template, create folder structure for all employees

2. Create respecting TRIM Links that is mapped to your folder structure on a per user basis; when a user logs on to the network and using logon scripts you could link the outlook folders to TRIM at a corporate level depending on where the user lives within the organisation or according to other business rules.

3. You could also creating TRIM Doc Queues (extended MAPI) from TRIM rather then from Outlook.

**My opinions are my own personal opinions.

kapish.com.au
Delete_or_Not
Super Contributor.

Thanks, interesting, but not applicable in this company. Engineering one, should I tell more? ;-)

They are interested in a simple solutions such as the one I descibed before. A PST template (with pre-linked folders) that could be placed to a shared network drive, so that 100 or so employees and contractors can use, copy to their MS Outlook and start using it.

I need to come up with a simple solution such as:

Us this PST folder with 30 linked folders, copy/save it in MS Outlook, import these Add-ins links TIO , and execute this windows registry (Also, to tell the that they should make sure that their other linked folders are backup-ed it would be to much for them....) - Last step, retsart yor MS Outlook / PC Machine

Also, shared mailbox does not work as whoever use the shared mailbox and place the email into the linked folder, the email will be register multiple time, by all users...Proved.

Regards

Ralf_Wegener
Honored Contributor.

Sorry...just trying promote an alternate mindsight or way of thinking without using PST mailbox on a network share.

**My opinions are my own personal opinions.

kapish.com.au