cancel

Searching

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Tones
Super Contributor.

Searching

A number of users have discrete sets of folders (containers) and want to be able to limit their searching to to those sets of containers ie set up a search to find the containers and then search within those results. Is this possible in TRIM?

3 REPLIES
Sander Hoogwerf
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Searching

You can mark a set of folders and then rightclick - navigate - container records. This gives you all contents of those containers. To limit this search, hit F7 and add new search criteria to add criteria you require (but keep the "Individually selected records" because that's your reference to the folders).

A limitation is that this will only return records contained directly within the folders and not multiple levels deep.

You can even save this "Individually selected records" as a saved search (that's OK with a static list, but if the list is more dynamic you may be better off by an explicit list of container clauses OR'ed together). Then simply open this saved search and use F7 to add the other criteria.

In TRIM 7 that's made even simpler, since you can start a new search and specify a reference to a saved search to use together with your new search.

(Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be construed as an official statement by DXC Technology.)

Analytics & Data Management
Application & Business Services
DXC Technology
Tones
Super Contributor.

Sander,

I don't seem to be able to see the contained records of multiple tagged folders. We currently have 3000 containers of which a specific section only need to search within 50. How do I see all of the contained records of those 50 containers before adding the second search parameter?

Tones
Super Contributor.
Solution

Sander,

I followed your instructions more closely this time and it worked.

Thnaks

Tones