cancel

Searching the Classification

Highlighted
Shelley McMenam
Honored Contributor.

Searching the Classification

Hi All

We have recently upgraded from 6.24 to 7.1.2.1879 - we utilizing the classification for naming of documents, the Human Resource Division relies heavily on the classification to name documents, in 6.24 they would be able to bring up the classification i.e.. Employee Documents and press CTRL E then type the beginning of the classification they were after i.e. TERM for termination and TRIM would take them to termination.  In 7.1.2.1879 TRIM does not recognize TERM users have to page down to the end of the classification manually to select termination.  I have checked the classification index and it is turned on and term and termination are listed.  Any ideas?

Thanks

Shelley

4 REPLIES
James_Aardvark
Super Contributor.

Re: Searching the Classification

Hi Shelley,

I have recreated the error, using the same version 7.12.1879. 

To fix re-index the classification, Tools - Word Index - Recreate...  it now works okay.

Regards,

James

Neil Summers
Acclaimed Contributor.

James's suggestion is good, but it may be related to a slightly different issue.

It seems to me the issue you're reporting is with the "'Prefix' search that TRIM's doing after your user hits CTRL+E then starts typing a word. It looks like this may be a bit buggy, so I'll report it.

Ask your user to try modifying the columns in the classification window that opens. Instead of displaying the Name and Number columns (default), change it to display the Classification Title and Number columns, then try again.

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of CM you're using in all posts.

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/
Neil Summers
Acclaimed Contributor.

Another thing for your user to try is just typing the prefix characters into the classification field on the entry form in the first instance, and THEN hitting the yellow kwikselect button. This also performs a search for terms beginning with those characters.

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

Neil Summers
Acclaimed Contributor.

FYI, I noticed in my testing that in 6.2 the default first column in the "Select from Classifications" window was "Classification Title". Now it seems to have been changed to the "Name" column. Of course there must have been a good reason for doing this. This does seem to be the reason the behaviour changed for your users. The following CR was raised to get this looked at:

QCCR2D46706:  TRIM client - prefix search on classifications not working as expected

Neil