The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search for Security Access ≠ Everyone

Highlighted

Search for Security Access ≠ Everyone

This should be a relatively simple question, if you can help me I'll shower you in kudos.

Is there a boolean or string search where you can search Access is NOT Everyone?

The query (and this comes up occasionally) is that I want to find records where a specific person does not have access.  As the default for most record types here is 'Everyone' setting the access to anything else is unusual.  I have found that if you search for records where Mr Standard, Person does not have access it does not include records where Everyone has access.  There has to be a faster way of finding records that Mr Standard, Person does not have access to, but I can't figure it out.

I don't want to give Mr Person admin access or start playing with the record type rules.  We have a decentralised records model where divisions can set the records/containers security.

Hope my question makes sense.

3 REPLIES
Icehouse

Re: Search for Security Access ≠ Everyone

Hi James,

I had this same question a long time ago and found the only real way to do this was via code and the backend.

There was a bit to the code, but it worked for the purpose.

If I remember correctly a management team within a business unit wanted to know what records they owned, but couldn't see.

If any-one knows a better way I'll donate kudos as well.

Cheers

Icehouse

Rich_Kid
Esteemed Contributor

Hi

I have always had the opposite requirement, which is to list things with access controls! 7.x has made life a lot easier.

'everyone' actually means no access control set, and as there is no location called 'everyone' you can't search for it directly.

so my search to find things with no access control set is :-

not acl:ViewRecord:[not Uri:0]

will list records where there is no ViewRecord access control set (everyone)

so the opposite is

acl:ViewRecord:[not Uri:0]

will list records where there is a ViewRecord access control set (not everyone)

does this help???

you will need to combine with filter string to knock out other record types that may have no access controls for perfectly good reasons.

Thanks Richie, that works for me!

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event