cancel

Search by "Date assigned to" in RM8

Highlighted
Andrew_V
Super Collector

Search by "Date assigned to" in RM8

Could someone please assist me in building this search in RM8

In TRIM 7 I could search by "Date assigned to" over a specific period to bring up the historical results of a location being assigned

In RM8 I have tried to search by Assigneex but this only brings up records based on the current location.

Hoping someone can assist with this one

9 REPLIES
Greg Fraser_1
HPE Expert

Re: Search by "Date assigned to" in RM8

So you are looking to search for an assignee at a specific date, with potentially a different current assignee?

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise**
Andrew_V
Super Collector

Hi Greg,

Thats correct

Greg Fraser_1
HPE Expert

Let me have a play around and get back to you.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise**
Don_Corleone
Occasional Contributor

Hi Greg

Have you had any luck finding out how to do a "Date assigned to" search in RM 8

Thank you

If searching for records assigned during a range is too hard, is it possible just to identify records assigned to a particular assignee at any stage in the past (ie not the current assignee)?

I know you can search the audit logs, but you cannot combine that with other record search criteria.

Andrew_V
Super Collector

I have had an update from HP in regards to my "Date assigned to"

HP advise that this function may have been removed from 8.0 onwards. HP have asked me to send screenshots of the search in TRIM 7.

Hi Anthony-A.  You may be able to accomplish the same thing with a string based search.  Its not elegant but it should work. 

Sorry about the screenshot but the forum won't let me ctrl+v & I'm not typing it out again.  I'm sure HP will fix it in the next release ;)

String Based Criteria BIG b.png

To save typing it I'll try attaching a text file.

I'd love to know if anyone can manage to combine this reliably with other criteria in a boolean search. 

Andrew_V
Super Collector

Thank for your advice Steve...much appreciated

HP sent this out a few days later

https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM02191978

Thanks for the heads up. That's easier than a string based search.

I've attached a PDF for future reference.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event