The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screwy edit checkout behavior

Highlighted
raynebc

Screwy edit checkout behavior

A user reported problems when checking out a document in edit mode, where it would eventually cause Excel to lock up and repeat the following error message:

Microsoft Excel is waiting for another application to complete an OLE action

Excel becomes unusable at this point and has to be terminated.  Probably related to this behavior, her saved edits to the document are not reflected in the dataset and the audit log doesn't seem to show her checking it back in when she believes it should have.  The workbook in question was not marked as a shared workbook, and that was the first thing I checked because I know Trim has had problems with that kind of thing.

Is anybody aware of any problems with the edit checkout method that leads to this?  Should we just recommend to everybody that they use the formal check out, make edits, then formally check the documents back in?  The client is newer than the server in our preparation to migrate to a newer version of Trim, but I have to wonder if that is realistically the only cause for this.

1 REPLY
raynebc

Re: Screwy edit checkout behavior

After the user provided more information about reproducing the issue, it doesn't appear to be Trim related at all.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event