Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saved Searches - Unable to Open Saved Search TRIM 5.2 in TRIM 7.1 Web Client

Highlighted
Huzai
Regular Collector

Saved Searches - Unable to Open Saved Search TRIM 5.2 in TRIM 7.1 Web Client

Hi,

Currently we have upgraded our TRIM 5.2 to TRIM 7.1 built 1132. We are able to launch our saved searches (previously created in TRIM 5.2) in TRIM 7.1 Thick Client and found the records based on the query. 

However when we run the saved searches in TRIM 7.1 Web Client... no records found.

Then, we perform a new search in TRIM 7.1 Web Client (based on the criteria from the existing saved search just now) and save the search results as a new saved search (using a new name). Try to run the newly created saved search and able to find the records.

We have so many existing saved searches from TRIM 5. Does it mean we have to create a new one for all saved searches so that it can be opened in the Web Client?

Appreciate your help and advice on this.

2 REPLIES
Grundy
Honored Contributor

Re: Saved Searches - Unable to Open Saved Search TRIM 5.2 in TRIM 7.1 Web Client

Hi Huzai,

The saved search functionality has changed a lot since 5.X.

The WebClient is also very new and compatibility with 5.X searches was not tested and not supported. (5 is long obsolete now)

Unless you can figure out what is different between your 5.X saved search and 7.1 saved search in the database (TSNOTES table) and alter the 5.X search accordingly, you will need to recreate the searches that have this issue.

However, I think this will be even more work than just recreating the searches...

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE
::::::::::::::::::::::

INFORMOTION.com.au
Huzai
Regular Collector

Re: Saved Searches - Unable to Open Saved Search TRIM 5.2 in TRIM 7.1 Web Client

Hi Grundy,

I second that (since TRIM 7 now is using a reverse way to create a new saved search). I believe the only solution left is to simply create a new saved search instead of using the TRIM 5's saved searches.

Thanks for the help anyway :)
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event