cancel

Save Search - Dataset Activity

Highlighted
RodgerDodger
Outstanding Contributor.

Save Search - Dataset Activity

Running saved searches have taken a long time lately.   I have decided to log dataset activity while running

one of the saved searches and see what is going on.   The saved search was the

contact = "Archdiocese of Chicago" and creator = 'me' and this is the result  of the log:

Log of Tuesday, August 10, 2010 at 12:27:52 PM (GMT-05:00)

SELECT  uri,lcSrchName  FROM TSLOCATION WITH (NOLOCK)   WHERE (( lcSrchName = 'ARCHDIOCESE OF CHICAGO' OR  lcSrchNickname = 'ARCHDIOCESE OF CHICA' OR ( lcSrchName  BETWEEN  'OF CHICAGO, ARCHDIOCESE' AND  'OF CHICAGO, ARCHDIOCESEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ' AND  lcType = 4)) AND  uri <> 0) ORDER BY  lcSrchName  ASC  OPTION (FAST 30)
SELECT  ixWordName,ixWordCount,ixwType  FROM TSINDEXWOR WITH (NOLOCK)   WHERE ( 1=0 )
SELECT  uri  FROM TSRECORD WITH (NOLOCK)   WHERE (URI IN (SELECT  A1.uri  FROM  TSRECLOC A0 WITH (NOLOCK),TSRECORD A1 WITH (NOLOCK)  WHERE  ( A0.rlRecUri = A1.uri ) AND ( rlLocType = 4 AND  rlLocUri = 2444 AND  rlRecUri > 0 AND EXISTS ( SELECT  B0.rlRecUri  FROM  TSRECLOC B0 WITH (NOLOCK)  WHERE ( rlLocType = 3 AND  rlLocUri = 1343 AND  B0.rlRecUri > 0 AND B0.rlRecUri=A1.uri)) ))) AND  ( TSRECORD.rcSecLevel <= 80  AND  (223092870 % TSRECORD.rc1CaveatKey) = 0  AND  (6 % TSRECORD.rc2CaveatKey) = 0  AND TSRECORD.rc3CaveatKey = 1  AND TSRECORD.rc4CaveatKey = 1  AND TSRECORD.rc5CaveatKey = 1  )  OPTION (FAST 30)

What's with the ARCHDIOCESEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ?

Obviously there is something wrong.  Does anyone have any idea what the problem is?

Thanks for your help.

DenKap

1 REPLY
Neil Summers
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Save Search - Dataset Activity

The string of Z's is normal SQL in TRIM when it searches locations.

Interestingly, when I set up a saved search like the one you described, it didn't appear to have to do this type of  location search each time I ran it, presumably because I had to explicitly select a location from the locations list when creating the search. I was using TRIM 6.2.4.

You mention these have taken a long time "lately". If the search criteria hasn't changed, something else has...like the performance of your database. Perhaps it'd be a good idea to speak with your DBA about performance issues with TRIM.

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of CM you're using in all posts.

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/