Client Support
cancel

Retain saved searches as a part of upgrade from HP TRIM 6.2.5 to HP TRIM 7.1.2

Highlighted
user33
Respected Contributor.

Retain saved searches as a part of upgrade from HP TRIM 6.2.5 to HP TRIM 7.1.2

Is there a way we could retain saved searches for all userbase as a part of HP TRIM Upgrade from 6.2.5 to 7.1.2

2 REPLIES
EWillsey
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Retain saved searches as a part of upgrade from HP TRIM 6.2.5 to HP TRIM 7.1.2

6R2.. the [good] old days!  From what I recall the saved searches are not lost.  Though in 7.x there is the addition of the "Owner" concept for the saved search.  The upgrade will automatically lock this down.  So some users may not be able to see things they used to be able to see.  But the person who created should still be able to.

I'd recommend you first figure out how many you have, test the upgrade, and run a distinct query on the owner of the searches.  That'll give you an idea of how big of an issue it is.  

Lastly, you could bulk update all saved searches to remove the owner.  Then ask your users to indicate which are theirs.  Or some other variatoin of all these same thoughts.

PerthRM8
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Retain saved searches as a part of upgrade from HP TRIM 6.2.5 to HP TRIM 7.1.2

Oh, just to point here, about the Owner..

I would not remove the owner, as most of these saved searches are without any access settings and then without owner, everyone can delete them..

It happened to us, luckily we had backed them up on some testing server...

regards