Restore TRIM Prod Database to Testing Environment

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
TonyJK1
Valued Contributor.

Restore TRIM Prod Database to Testing Environment

Hi,

There is a requirement to restore TRIM Production Database Backup to a TRIM Testing Server.

We would like to know what parameters have to changed after the change ?

Like: Dataset name / Datastore Location .... etc ?

Thanks

8 REPLIES
Greg Fraser_1
HPE Expert
Solution

Re: Restore TRIM Prod Database to Testing Environment

No real requirements, you will just need to take a backup of the prod DB and restore it to your test environment.

in terms of the document store, in most cases you don't need a copy of that. Just the DB will be fine. If you want a 1 to 1 replica of prod you can copy the whole store over.

Other than that there shouldn't be any other changes required.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise**
Neil Summers
HPE Expert

An oldie but a goodie:

(see attachment)

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of CM you're using in all posts.

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/
raynebc
Outstanding Contributor.

I rarely/never see anybody mention the "migrate" function when creating a new dataset in TES.  Is there a reason for that?

EWillsey
Acclaimed Contributor.

I used it all the time.  Back in the day it wasn't all that handy.  But now it's the most efficient way to move between databases.  Though it does take longer than a simple backup/restore.

raynebc
Outstanding Contributor.

Does it perform additional validation though, compared to copy/pasting a database and editing the DBID?

EWillsey
Acclaimed Contributor.

Neither approach has any sort of validation.  What validation were you looking for?

raynebc
Outstanding Contributor.

I figured that if the migrate feature rebuilt everything one item at a time if there was a constraint error or other problem it would be flagged?  Otherwise it would only come up during a schema repair or something.

EWillsey
Acclaimed Contributor.

It's really just moving the data.  As you mentioned, you'd use the Schema Repair feature to validate constraints, indexes, views, SP's, etc.