The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renaming record errors

Highlighted
Marc218
Regular Collector

Renaming record errors

When Trim was implemented all legacy subject files imported into Trim that began with "P" had to be changed to "Q" prior to conversion/import   as there was some reason Trim would not accept them ( before my time so I cannot expand on the reason why "P" had to be changed   ) .

But Since then we have been able to re-number all the "Q" records back to  "P" files successfully most of the time ........

I am currently doing some sentencing maintenance on legacy files and need to change more of the "Q" files pack to  "P".
However when I try, I am getting a message stating that I have not changed both "record" and "expanded" numbers which I have and it only seems to be Record numbers that have a "P" and a "2" in them such as P20\2 or P20\1

For example when  I try to change Q20/2 to P20/2 I get a message  box

Please take care when changing a record number. You must ensure that your new number conforms with the number pattern for its record type and has a correct expanded number 

If the expanded number does not conform  then sorting by record number  will no produce the dsired result ......

I then Hit ok on that window and I get the following error window:

Record number P20 has already been used

Now I am definately using P20/1 not P20 .. I have tested this with other file and it works fine its just this P20/x files that are causing errors :smileysad:

4 REPLIES
Sander Hoogwerf
Honored Contributor

Re: Renaming record errors

When searching for a recordnumber 'TEST' and it doesn't exist, then TRIM will search for: 'TEST-01','TEST/01','TESTV01','TESTP01','TEST#01','TEST.01','TEST:01','TEST\01','TEST[v01]' and return those results.

So maybe, when renaming, the same search is applied and TRIM "thinks" it's a duplicate?

You may want to view the Activity Log Pane Dataset tab to see what TRIM is actually checking for.

(Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be construed as an official statement by DXC Technology.)

Analytics & Data Management
Application & Business Services
DXC Technology
TRIMGuru
Honored Contributor

Are your record numbers based on the Classifications?

I ask because I just recently ran into this same exact thing (and the rec numbers were being based on the classifications).  I ended up recreating the records from "scratch" in order to let the system assign the numbers, I couldn't work around it.

Marc218
Regular Collector

I have checked the Actviivity log - Dataset during the renaming process and nothing appears in the log .....

I then performed a couple searches to see if the Activity Log - Dataset actually wrks  and still nothing appeared ??

Marc218
Regular Collector

the trim Classifications definately are numbered via the system

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event