Client Support
cancel

Registry Key Settings or Global for clearing Files in Offline Records

Highlighted
BARRINGTON GREE
Super Contributor.

Registry Key Settings or Global for clearing Files in Offline Records

would anyone know the correct registry key for switching on/off the Offline Records 'Clearempty folders' option - see attached image taken from Trim Options. Or is this a setting which needs to be saved globally to ensure sharing of this setting? HP Trim 7.2 build 3697

2 REPLIES
raynebc
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Registry Key Settings or Global for clearing Files in Offline Records

When I toggled that option on, this registry value was changed:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Hewlett-Packard\HP TRIM\TopDrawer]
"AutoCleanupContainers"=dword:00000001

Neil Summers
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Registry Key Settings or Global for clearing Files in Offline Records

You ought to be aware that an issue has been discovered with this option. In some circumstances it can cause an error to be displayed to the user.

QCCR2D50578: Offline Records - TRIMWatcher error #80010105 when automatically deleting an empty container:

"An error occurred accessing the repository for Offline Records. The server threw an exception. (#80010105) (Is trimwatcher registered?)'"

The above CR is scheduled for fixing in upcoming releases of TRIM 7.x and HPRM 8.x.

See also:

KM00818023 - Error: "A call to the Offline Records Monitor to refresh the client object cache failed. The remote procedure call failed.(#800706be)"

KM00817725 - Error: "A call to the Offline Records Monitor to refresh the client object cache failed. The RPC server is unavailable.(#800706ba)"

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of CM you're using in all posts.

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/